Levi the Sitter

(AN: This is not the chapter I planned on releasing this weekend, but Levi is growing on me so ya'll are getting 3 chapters instead of 1 ^.^ )

Mammon monitored Alicia all night to make sure she didn't slip into a coma at some point. He felt a little bad, things probably wouldn't have escalated as badly as they did if he showed up when she asked him to, but he had to keep his distance. He distracted himself by texting Charlotte, but even she wasn't responding to him, and he gave his bare minimum attention to Saphonya when she called. Why are all the women in my life so fucking difficult?

The next morning, he walked into Alicia's room with a bottle of water and pain killers. He knew her bruises were gone thanks to Simeon, and the chihuahua already made a full recovery, but he expected nothing less from an angel, her pain lasted longer.

He gently tapped her face but avoided looking at her. "Wake up human, you've been sleeping since yesterday afternoon." He opened the water and held out the pills. "Don't move too fast."

Alicia whined and pushed his hand away. She sat up and covered her face, recounting everything that happened yesterday. "Fucking Satan."

"I'm sure he woke up saying 'Fucking Alicia'." He held out the pills again. "Come on, you took a couple of nasty blows from what Simeon told me, this is why we said to stay away from Solomon." He gave her the water bottle when she took the pills.

"I didn't think he'd leave us out to be murdered. I don't even know why Satan got so angry...A book signing will never be that serious." Downing the water and medication, she heard a small ringing in her ears. Not loud enough to drown out the noise of anything else, but enough to annoy her. "My ears are ringing."

"That'll pass. You need to stay in bed. I'll be back to check on you later." Mammon turned to leave the room, only to stop when Alicia grabbed his hand.

"Wait...Can you stay with me?" She looked up at him and pulled him back over to the bed. "I haven't really spent time with you since the ball, and that was a couple of weeks ago. I um...I also just, don't want to be alone right now. Thinking about everything yesterday...I'm almost certain if I see Satan, he's going to kill me."

Mammon scoffed and tried to pull his hand free. "Licia...I really need to go."

The tug only made her tighten her grip. "Did I do something wrong?"

"What?"

"Did I do something wrong? That night...If I did something wrong then tell me. But I don't like this thing you're doing where we'll barely speak if we're in the same room...Or you straight up leave." She let go of his hand and mentally kicked herself. She sounded needy, but she needed some kind of reassurance.

Mammon could feel the hurt coming from her voice, and it pulled at something inside of him. All he wanted to do was cup her face, kiss her, and tell her everything that was going on. He wanted to comfort her but in the end...

"You didn't do anything. I've just been really busy since then. I guess this is Lucifer's punishment for me stealing you away that night." He laughed and took a step back. "If you don't want to be alone, I'll walk you over to Levi's room. Satan hates that place." The look of disappointment on her face was becoming a little too much to bear. "Lucifer has me running around on an assignment on behalf of the treasury. I can't stay. Now come on." He picked up Alicia so she wouldn't refuse him again and carried her to Levi's room. He set her down on her feet and crossed his arms. "Don't leave this room."

"Now you sound like Lucifer." She turned and knocked on Levi's door, no longer wanting to speak to him. There was a dull ache in her hands, the same ache she felt every time she felt a small level of emotional hurt. She flexed her fingers and smiled when Levi opened the door.