Our Human

(AN: I just wanted to provide some context to a scene in this chapter. I kinda sorta started an "In Between the Scenes" series on AO3 for filler like chapters of this story. -I didn't want to bore y'all with filler ^.^- What Satan is referring to is the only chapter I have up so far. You can find it on AO3, it's called Never Doubt the Admiral)

"What do you mean she's not coming home?!" Two seconds...Asmo wasn't even in the house for two seconds before Mammon was in his personal space, yelling at him. He loved Alicia dearly, but he couldn't honestly say he liked this change she brought out in Mammon. He continued to walk into the house, stopping when he saw his brothers in the common room.

"So I thought that if I went over there and spent the day with her, it would make her feel better." Asmo started, taking a seat on the arm of a couch. "And things were going really well."

"Then what happened?" Levi asked. When he received the text from Asmo, he died in his game. He didn't notice when Asmo left, none of them did, but when they realized where he was, they were all so sure it was going to work.

Asmodeus started recounting the tale of the night, how they went to the Cabaret, how Alicia wandered off by herself, and got caught in a Venus room. How Barbatos had to rescue her, and what he had to do to do it.

"He what?!" Mammon clenched his fists tightly at his sides. "That sneaky-"

"The alternative was them sending in another incubus to tend to her. At least she's still alive." Asmo covered his face, a feeling of dread washed over him. "I think Barbatos might be attached now, you should've seen the look on his face when he carried her back to the table."

"This isn't good," Lucifer muttered. He had half a mind to punish Asmodeus for sneaking out and disobeying orders, but he made an effort that none of them thought of. He had to give him credit. "It sounds like he wants her around too. If she stays upset with Mammon and Barbatos offers her a place to stay at the palace for the rest of her stay, she might not refuse it."

"Whoa, wait." Mammon looked around in confusion. "Why are you all so sure she would agree to stay there? O-Or even entertain the idea of being with Barbatos? What kinda life does he have to offer her, huh? A fancy career as Diavolo's maid?"

"Better than being with a demon who's in enough debt to last seven generations." Satan pointed out.

"And counting," Levi added.

"Should she settle for a debt-ridden demon like you?" Asmo asked, clearly annoyed.

"She'll have to use whatever riches she gets from being in your favor on your debts," Lucifer made no attempt to hide the amusement in his voice.

Mammon growled and sulked in his seat. "Alright, enough. My debt isn't even that bad anymore since she helped me get organized."

Beelzebub found himself getting more irritated with their joking. This wasn't going to get them anywhere. "We need to get her back here."

"He's right." Levi sighed and tried to think of something. "It's not fair that she might stay away because of Mammon's stupidity... Is she still really mad, Asmo?"

"She's more embarrassed than anything else." Asmo leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees. "But she's still upset with Mammon, and she was worried about running into him and Lucifer this evening."

"At least she's smart enough to be concerned." He thought back to the vase and painting. She was long overdue for punishment, but he decided to put that thought on the back burner.

"Does anyone have a plan?" Satan asked, trying to think of the best way to bring the girl home. All of the books he read, he had to have known something.