Chapter 4

"This place hasn't changed at all. I can still feel his love and warmth from here." Fengjiu smiled as she reminisce the moments she had with Dong Hua in the Mortal realm.

"I hope you're doing fine..." she whispered in the wind as she wipe her tears on her cheeks.

After a few minutes of wandering inside the palace, she decided to find a place to stay. Since she didn't tell anyone about her plan, the Immortal book where challenges and sufferings in mortal realm were written is empty and that means no one will know what she might face or what she might encounter in the said realm.

She wiped out her birthmark and sealed her power to make sure that she will experience the misfortune with her skills alone.

She put it on a crystal ball and hide it in her pocket. After doing so, an earthquake occurred.

It was a sign that her journey has started.

Her crystal ball dropped and rolled on the ground. She run fast as she could to reach it but it was stopped by someone's foot.

An old man picked it up and put it on his bag. After that, the man disappeared.

Fengjiu didn't know who that man is. She didn't know where he went and why the old man did took her crystal ball.

She was frustrated and angry at the same time. So she went to find a restaurant to relieve her frustration.

She entered a vintage style restaurant and ordered noodles and wine. While waiting for her order, something caught her attention. She saw an old man putting a crystal ball to the book shelf.

She immediately stood up to check if that's her possession. But before she can touch the crystal, someone shouted.

"A thief! There's a thief!" said the owner.

"Wh-what? I didn't—" She was trying to show her hands that it was empty but was shocked because the ball is already on her hand.

"How could you do such thing? This was my parent's possession. It was given to me before they died from an accident." The man cried.

"No, this is a misunderstanding. I was just trying to check if that is mine because it looks exactly like mine." She explained.

"How can someone like you claim that you have a thing like this? You are obviously a thief!"

The owner gathered the people and told them to make their judgement. So the people took her belongings, threw eggs at her and called for law enforcers to imprison her. They testified and even created different stories and crimes that she didn't even do.

"I didn't know mortals could be this cruel." She cried as she sleep.

She spent days and nights inside the prison. She can't even get a hold of how many years it has been. She was confused and wanted to escape but she remembered that she lost her powers and didn't even have money.

She was losing herself until the guards opened the gate and said that she's free.

She walked out from prison and promise herself not to get involved with mortals again.

She moved into a different city for she knows that even after a hundred year, her face will be the same as how it used to be. The mortals should never know that she is an immortal or else, her ascension will be a failure.

She reached a city where the people aren't as many as the first city she had been. She dressed himself as a man to be able to get a job and earn money. She worked as an errand boy, fisherman, woodcutter, etc. She kept a low profile so she could live her life as an ordinary person. She believed that she became an ordinary person not until her life was entangled with a certain couple.

The woman was in her 30's, has a nice figure but not as beautiful as Xiaojiu is. She was once a customer of Xiaojiu when she was still an errand boy. She would often ask Xiaojiu to buy things for her and pays her with a lot of money. Xiaojiu entertained her because she has to earn money. She usually follows the woman wherever she goes. She was eager to do everything for money.

Since Xiaojiu is innocent of such emotions, she didn't know that the woman has been sending her signals and wants to have relationship with her. When she realized the truth...

 "Are you crazy??? I'm not what you think I am! I'm—I'm—" She wanted to tell her that she was a girl.

The woman suddenly walked towards her. She was nervous. She didn't know she would be this handsome, lol.

When the woman reached for her hands, her husband entered the room and shoot the woman's head with an arrow.

The blood scattered on Xiaojiu's face making her tremble from fear.

"I—I am innocent, my lord. Please spare my life. I never intend to become close to her. She approached me and I—I—" she explained.

"I know. I had been observing her and this isn't the first time she did that. She didn't even realized that you are not a man." The man told her.

"What else do you know?" she asked with a confused look.

"Nothing. I just noticed it because the shape of your face and body is similar to my late daughter's." He said with a sense of guilt.

"I should go. I'm sorry for what happened." The man walked away.

"May I know your name,sir?" Xiaojiu begged.

"Meng. You can call me Master Meng. That's what they call me here."

"I am Xiaojiu." She told him. "After these, I shall go back here and look for you." She added.

"I'll wait for you." He smiled.