Chapter 9

Half of the guest went to her and greeted her. Some offered her a drink, some went to ask for advice. She was tired, so she came up with a plan. She made it look like she's drunk and was about to leave but she was stopped by someone.

"Where are you going?" She looked up and found out that it was her auntie.

"I—I—I'm going to the restroom!" she said.

"Don't even try to trick me. Because of that, you shall grant me a favor." –Bai Qian

"What favor?" –fengjiu

"Lord Cang Yi asked for my permission to meet you. I agreed. Now, tidy yourself up and get ready to meet him. I'll accompany you." Her auntie said.

"Guess I have no choice." She whispered.

They left the banquet and went to an open space. "He should be here in a minute."

Then a well-built man arrived at the place. "Sorry for making you wait." He smiled.

Fengjiu dropped her glass. She recognized him at first glance.

"Hes back!" she said.

"What?" Bai Qian asked her.

Because of nervousness, she run off and went straight to her kingdom.

"Hes back!" she cried. "I have been waiting for long. I'm glad that we finally met again."

Back in the grand hall...

"I'm sorry for what she did." –Bai Qian

"It's okay, Heavenly empress. Maybe she's just flustered or doesn't feel well." –cang yi

"I'll make sure that she will have her apology in person. I'll set a date again." –Bai Qian

"Thank you, Heavenly Empress. I shall take my leave now." –cang yi

Fengjiu was called to the Sky Kingdom. She knows what this is about and she's ready.

When she entered Bai Qian's chambers, she noticed a man sitting in front of a study table.

It was Lord Cang Yi, whom she believes that he is Dong Hua's reincarnation.

She walked towards the table.

"Cang Yi greets High Goddess Bai Fengjiu."

She offered him to sit." I've brought some cakes as a token of apology. I made that myself." She said. "I was not feeling well that day for I have drank too much wine. Please excuse me for my actions."

She was trembling. She wanted to hug him. She wanted to ask him if she recognizes her or if he remembers something about them. She was sure that he is Dong Hua. The smell of sandalwood, his eyes, his likes.

"I will do everything to make you remember me." She told herself.

They talked about their favorites and their hobbies. They continued to have conversation until Bai Qian interrupted them.

"Ehem." She cleared her throat. "I don't think the both of you should stay here for long. My husband will be visiting my chamber, you should go."

"Excuse us." Both of them left her chamber.

"Have you ever visited the mortal realm?" Cang Yi suddenly asked her.

"Of course. Every year, I would always make sure to attend the Girls festival." Fengjiu told him.

"Girls Festival? I haven't heard that before. When is that celebrated?" –cang yi

"A month from now. Would you like to accompany me?" –fengjiu

"I'm more than willing." He smiled.

They parted ways and both busy themselves with the affairs of their own palace.

After a month of waiting, they decided to leave their respective kingdom for a day to unwind and to get to know each other.

It means that they will be staying at the mortal realm for a year.