Chapter 8

The queen of Qing Qiu has lived into seclusion for years. So many things had changed.

The successor of the Taichen Palace has been named. A well-built man from a powerful family of third generations. He is as bright as the sun and smiles like the moon. His name is Cang Yi, the new dijun of Taichen Palace.

Fengjiu was notified with the changes. After what happened, she decided not to step out of her chambers. She will only attend important matters if it has something to do with the Four Seas and Eight Deserts. Even though she is not connected with Sky Kingdom, the immortals treat her as one because the powers that she has had been renowned to entire world.

Thousands of years had passed after his demise. She had forgotten his face, but her love for him has never fade. She often finds herself crying over things.

For example, whenever Mi gu cooks her breakfast and one of the dishes is sweet & sour fish, she would remember Dong Hua.

Whenever she visits her fishing pond, it reminds her of him fishing while reading Buddha scriptures.

It makes her heart ache. But she cannot do anything about it. He disappeared and no one knows where his body went.

Tonight, the full moon is bright. She decided to have a drink at her pavilion. While drinking, she sing a song...

"If it is a destiny, it has already been set... even our first meeting as well.

We cannot change it if our love would not end.

Like a night, where moonlight hides behind the clouds, my heart is getting darker.

I'll send my longing with the rain, just in case you forget me.

If this is destiny, I'll take it-- if can love be a sin.

Maybe we will see each other again, if we love each other sincerely.

If we were fated... if we were destined."

She was crying again. She was praying everyday and wishing  god would send her sign so she could recognize him at first glance. She doesn't know if the method she used to reincarnate him was effective or successful.

When the idea of him not being able to come back came into her mind, she cried aloud.

"Stop it. It has been thousands of years. Enough." The voice came inside the cave. Fengjiu knows the owner of the voice, so she stood up instantly.

"Bai Fengjiu greets Heavenly Empress."

"Stop with honorifics. I know what you feel, I've been there. All we can do is to move on and live our lives." –Bai Qian

"I just can't help it, auntie." She said. "I always feel like he's here and that he's always with me. These past few weeks, I had been dreaming that he's back and that we will soon meet at our favourite spot. "

"Pull yourself together! You are now the Queen of Qing Qiu. If you lose yourself, what are your subjects supposed to do?" –Bai Qian

"3 days from now, there will be a celebration for my birthday. You should attend my banquet, if you failed to attend, I'll make sure you will regret it."

"Is that a threat?" Fengjiu laughed. "Dont worry, auntie. Just make sure that I will have the best wine served."

After their conversation, Bai Qian returned to her palace.

She was left alone. "Move on? They suggest such things because they didn't know what I went through to bring him back to life." She said to herself.

The day of the banquet has come. She dressed herself into a formal one, put some makeup and arrived early at the grand hall to avoid people. But she was wrong.

When the messengers sent out the invitations, Bai fengjiu's name was included to the names of hosts. It made the guests excited and they decided to come early to see her.

When she opened the door, all of the guest stared at her direction. She is wearing a red gown and red lipstick which made her stand out.

"Queen of Qing Qiu – Bai Fengjiu, please enter the hall." The host announced.

All of the guest clapped their hands. She was shocked by their warm welcome. She immediately walked inside and put on her poker face. When she reached her chair, she took a glass of water and drink it.

P.S: I do not own the lyrics and the song. It was just an English version and it was taken from the Ost of the Drama "Hwayugi".

The title is Destiny.

HAPPY READING!!!