Chapter 10

They arrived at the Girls festival. They watched the mortals perform operas and contests.

Something caught their attention. It was a new program where lovers would have the chance to dance on the platform. When they were about to watch it for fun, the host called them and pulled them on stage. And a song played...

"The day we met,

Frozen, I held my breath.

Right from the start I knew that I'd found a home for my heart..

beats fast, colors and promises. "

Cang Yi put her hands on his shoulders. He lightly touched her waist as they sway to the music.

"How to be brave?

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

But watching you stand alone..

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow..."

Fengjiu was so happy, she finally found the love of her life.

"One step closer..."

Cang Yi leaned and was about to kiss her but the audience suddenly sang along with the music and they formed a circle on stage with their partners. It is a signal that they will exchange partners like a cotillion until they reached their original partner.

"I have died everyday waiting for you.

Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years.

I'll love you for a thousand more..."

Turns after turns, Fengjiu stumbled and was caught by a manly stranger.

"I never knew that I would be able to see you this close." The man said.

"You know me?"

"Greetings to Queen of Qing Qiu – Bai fengjiu. I'm—"

She failed to hear his name because it was already a signal for a turn. The man was wearing a mask that is why she didn't get to see his face.

"He seems familiar." She said.

The party has ended. They went home and sleep to their rented apartment. It has 2 bedrooms and 1 guest room. It never occurred to her that an unmarried man and woman should not live together.

She treated him like her husband. She cooks for him everyday. She would sometimes cook sweet and sour fish for him for she believes that it was his favorite.

One day, Fengjiu decided to go to the market and buy ingredients. Cang yi accompanied her because he's worried that she might lost her way home.

They stopped by an antique shop and noticed that someone has been following them. Since they cannot use magic to trace the person, they waited for a chance to catch him.

"Greetings, lord of Taichen Palace – lord Cang Yi and Queen of Qing qiu – Bai Fengjiu."

"You are not from this world. What are you doing here?" –cang yi

"I am here to experience misfortune to ascend as High God. Let me introduce myself, I am the successor of the former God of War Mo Yuan, I am lord Wen Chang."

Flashback...

Thousands of years ago, a new born baby was welcomed into the Sky kingdom. It was said that a virgin immortal suddenly conceived after she went to experience misfortune. Everyone suggested to prove her chastity. Unable to defend the child, she entered the fire pit test and was able to go back unhurt.

The immortals still doubt her existence. Some said that the baby was a mortal and that it should be banished after birth.

The woman decided to accept the punishment but when she gave birth to a son, the Sky celebrated.

4 dragons danced in the Sky and the palace was filled with Foling flowers notifying that an heir of the title god of war has arrived.

Everyone cannot believed what they saw. Soon after what happened, it was announced that the successor of the title god of war has been born.

Mo Yuan was the former holder of the title, but after her brother Ye Hua succeeded the throne and became the Heavenly Emperor, he stepped down from his position and went into seclusion.

P.s: The title of the song is Thousand years by Christina Perri.

I do not own the song. Ccto

HAPPY READING!!!