Chapter 7

She went straight to Mount Junji. Draw her blood and entered the portal. Days had passed but she hasn't found a single sign to where the plant is exactly located.

It was covered with thick fog and bamboo trees. She carefully examined the surroundings. Unable to see the hole, she lost her balance and fell into an underground cave.

She then realized that she had reached the location of the plant.

The guardian of the plant was a one-tailed beast. Upon seeing Fengjiu, it immediately became aggressive and attacked her with the intention of killing her.

She hasn't even told the beast what her agenda is. Luckily, Fengjiu managed to dodge the attack and make a counter. The beast landed on the ground and was injured.

"You're a demon! How did you know about this place?" it asked her.

"Demon? No, I'm not. I am a nine-tailed red fox. Queen of Qing qiu – Bai Fengjiu." She transformed herself into her original form.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but I really have to get the reincarnation plant. It wasn't my intention to fight back. But please, just give me the plant and I will leave." She explained.

"Do you think I will let you take this plant? You are a demon! I shall never let your wish be fulfilled!" The beast kept on repeating its words.

"I'm not. What made you think that I am a demon?" She asked in a confused tone.

"The birthmark on your forehead. That is a Red Qi. One has that mark if they are demon or have a blood of demon. If you are not a demon, how did you get that?" it wondered.

"I don't know. Maybe when I was still in my mother's womb?" she said.

"They told me that when my mother was sick because of me, a red magic suddenly entered her womb and that is when I was able to live." She began to recall everything.

"Do you know how to use its power?" –beast

"Power? No. It doesn't have powers." –fengjiu

"It has. That plumed cockscomb mark contains all the power in this world. If you can activate that power, no one will be able to beat you." –beast

"But how do I—Oh wait! I need to get the reincarnation plant!" Fengjiu suddenly remembered.

"Ha ha ha! Well, I guess this plant is really important to you. May I ask why?" –beast

"Dong Hua Dijun is the man I loved the most. We were not fated for each other but I loved him." She recounted. "I failed to see him for the last time for I went to the mortal realm to experience misfortune. I wanted to bring him back to life and this is the only way I could return his kindness."