Chapter 5

After their conversation, an earthquake occurred again. It was to notify Xiaojiu that her misfortunes will be done soon.

She stayed for another day before leaving the city. After days of travelling, she stopped by a fountain and rest there. She continued to walk so she could find a place to stay in. While she was walking, she bumped into a figure and fell down.

"I'm sorry, it was my fault." The voice came from unknown person.

"It's okay. You don't have to say sorry." Fengjiu smiled at the man.

The man was mesmerized by her beauty.

"Do you live here?" –man

"No. I came from another country. I am new here. By the way, do you know if there are apartments which I could rent for a day?" –fengjiu

"Do you want to come to my place?" The man offered.

"Uhm, thank you for the invitation but I have to go—"

She was interrupted when someone suddenly shouted which made Fengjiu became surprise and almost fell on the ground but she was caught by someone's arm.

"Your majesty!" A man dressed like a warrior appeared in front of Fengjiu.

"Your majesty? Does that mean?" Fengjiu can't seem to grasp the situation.

"Your majesty, we were told not to let you leave the palace without permission. Or else--."

"Or else what?" He asked in an irritated tone.

Fengjiu didn't know what to do so she greeted him and bowed. "Xiaojiu greets Your majesty. I am sorry not to recognize you. I deserve to be punished."

"Xiaojiu...what a great name. You should come with us." He said.

"Guards! Bring a horse and let her accompany us. Were going back to the palace."

After days of staying inside the palace, the King became fond of Xiaojiu. He even gave her a permanent place to stay but she refused to accept the offers.

"If you can't accept my offer, then be my concubine. This is not an offer, it is an order."

"Concubine??? Your majesty you don't even know where I came from." –xiaojiu

"Then tell me. Tell me everything about you." –Xuanren (Name of the King)

"I—I have to—" Then something came into her mind. "This may be my last trial to ascend." She said in her mind.