Chapter 18

"Where is he?" -fengjiu

"He's currently fighting the demons. He was assigned as the head of battle since he is the God of War. You should go". -mo yuan

Fengjiu went directly to the battlefield. She saw him having a fight with a demon lord. When she was about to go near him, she noticed a demon attacking him from behind.

So she shouted, "Dong Hua! Be careful!" Wen Chang looked at her location and was distracted. He was stabbed by a demon sword and fell on the ground. Fengjiu flew towards him and caught him by arms.

"Jiu-er" he coughed blood. "Sorry for not being able to remember you." he said.

"No... It's my fault. I failed to recognize you. If only I knew that it was you, I should have attended our wedding ceremony. I'm sorry." she answered.

"There are people.... who always seek protection from me.... This is the first time I met someone.... who wants to protect me instead.... I—I love—" -wen chang

"Don't speak. I'll heal you." She called the immortals and told them to bring Wen Chang back in the Sky kingdom.

"I'll finish this battle. Wait for me there." She kissed his forehead.

She flew towards the sky. Summoned her bow, and used a forbidden spell to create three formations. She used half of her cultivation to transform into a fire phoenix and burn all the enemies.

The battle ended and all the enemies dissipated. She immediately went to Sky Kingdom to heal Wen Chang's wounds.

He's weak. Maybe because a demon sword has an extraordinary spell that could kill an immortal even with a simple cut.

"I'm here. Please don't leave me again." She draw blood from Wen Chang's wrist and mixed it on her blood as well. As expected, it is a red blood mixed with goldenness. He's really Dijun.

She took a spoon and used it to make him drink it while sleeping.

Wen Chang fell into coma. She stayed beside him and waited for him to open his eyes.

She's full of regrets.

"I promised you that I will protect you, but I failed again."

"My love... it's time to open your eyes. Please wake up I don't know what to do anymore. If you leave me now, I might as well follow you."

She kissed him on forehead, down to his nose and next on his lips. She hugged him tight and sang a song..

"Be at my side, stay with me.

Don't let go of me holding your hand

When you take a step away, all I have to do is to take a step closer.

I'm not myself, I'm not confident.

I can't live a day without you.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Me without you

Just hug me, please hold me

Don't say anything and just run over to me.

With lonely and restless heart

I'm waiting for you like this

I love you, I love you so much.

In this long silence, I'll say it aloud

what's in my weak and foolish heart."

After singing, she stood up. She knows she had to let him go. She knew that he will never wake up. She knows that she had to accept the fact that he's dead.

She was ready to call Lian Song and ask him to prepare his coffin. When she took a step away from where he was lying, she felt something holding her back from leaving.

She turned around to check it...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"You said you will wait for me. You told me to stay by your side. Why are you leaving?"

He's awake.... all this time. He was just pranking her and waiting for her to leave so he could surprise her. But he didn't know Fengjiu would be diffident and even plan to arrange his funeral.

"You're alive???" She cried aloud.

"Of course. Do you think your husband will die that easy?" he teased her.

"Husband? Do you really think I will still marry you after what you did to me? I'm done with you!" She's angry. "How could he pull a prank on me without even thinking if its a good joke or bad?" she mumbled.

She walked out from his room and wiped off her tears.

Wen Chang followed her and he saw Lian Song, Si Ming and Cheng Yu.

"You made her cry. Tsk tsk tsk." Lian Song laughed.

P.s: I do not own the song. It is an English version of the Korean Song "Hug me" by Jung joon il.

CCTO :)