Chapter 2: The Burrow

After that bonding that I truly needed, the remainder of my break in Forks is spent trying to repair the relationships with the rest of my family, which they are more than happy to do. My dad and I go for a run - when I say we, I mean he carried me while he ran - and we go sight seeing in nature at places humans can't dream of getting to. With mom, we go clothes shopping. We also get a head start on my school shopping. To my immense surprise, I see that I need a dress for formal occasions. I'm not sure what it could be for, but I don't care. I take this as an opportunity to go hog wild on dress shopping! I want to have a sexier dress so I can show off my body to the rest of the school. My parents, however, aren't as keen on the idea as I am.

I pull several dresses that I would like. All of them either black or red with slits in the leg and varying necklines, all of them so tight they look like a second layer of skin. My dad says no only after he finishes laughing at the idea that I thought they'd say yes. Long story short, finding dresses isn't easy. We finally find a dress that is their version of a compromise. It's a burgundy fit and flare type dress, and it has no straps but it doesn't show even the slightest bit of cleavage. It doesn't have a slit in the leg either, but it's the closest we can get to a compromise. On the outside I say that I'm okay with it, but on the inside I make a mental note to look at clothes altering books at Hogwarts. To go with the dress, we get diamond earrings, a burgundy choker necklace and shoes of the same color.

About two weeks before the start of school is when the Weasleys said they are going to pick me up. I'm excited at first, but as the day of departure gets closer, I start to really regret how withdrawn I've been this whole time. I've wasted countless hours moping around in my room while I could have been spending that time with my mother. That means that every opportunity I get I spend with her. Most of that means packing. Finally, the day arrives. I'm going to Fred's house for the first time! Oh, and Ron will be there to.

I decide that, since they've never been to my house before, that it would be best if I wait in the living room for them. I'm not sure when they'll be here, but I know they are getting here by floo powder. I decide to watch America's Got Talent while I wait. It doesn't get exciting until I'm halfway through and the fireplace suddenly emits emerald flames, which alerts everybody in the vicinity. Not even a second later, Ron comes tumbling out of the fireplace. As soon as he's steady, I get up and hug him.

"Hey!" I say. I don't think he's paying too much attention to me though. He's looking around our house. "Wow! Is this what muggle houses look like?" he asks. I roll my eyes. "Not all of them," I say. I don't get a chance to say much else because just then, Fred comes out of the fireplace! I run up and hug Fred as tight as I can. I've been going through Fred withdrawls as well. Only when I hear someone clearing their throat do I realize that there are other people in the room. I pull away and look around. Mr. Weasley, a tall and balding man, has appeared and I didn't realize, so has George. The one who cleared their throat, however, was my dad. I have no shame.

Fred and I appear to be the only ones who don't find this awkward. To break this, I say, "C'mon. You guys can help me with my stuff while our parents talk," I say. Without waiting for a response, I grab all of them and drag them upstairs to my room. "Is the entire back wall glass?" Ron asks. I chuckle and nod. His reaction is even better when we get to my room. "Bloody hell... This is huge!" he says. I giggle. "Yes it is. Now help me," I demand, pointing to the mess on my bed. "I already have my luggage packed, I just need someone to carry it downstairs. I'm going to give Ginny my clothes that don't fit me anymore, so I need help putting them into garbage bags," I say.

Fred and George help me willingly enough, but Ron stares at my clothes. "What do you need all these clothes for? Also, why do you have so many?" he asks. I roll my eyes. "My mom, aunt and I strongly believe in retail therapy. Plus, my aunt doesn't remember being human, so I let her treat me as her human Barbie Doll. That means that I hardly ever wear clothes more than once. Most of this stuff would get donated but I would rather see my clothes go to a loving home," I say while putting an old pair of jeans into a garbage bag. Ron rolls his eyes but helps me put the clothes into the garbage bags anyway.