-III-

They've been traveling for multiple days now.

Jisung and Hyunjin both laid on their stomachs on the back of Chan and the other kidnapper's horse. Jisung was satisfied that Chan was assigned to him since he seemed the nicer of the two.

The other kidnapper- named Seo Changbin- was a nasty looking individual. Like Chan, he wore muddy-looking commoner's clothes, though had a fancy-looking sword hanging from his horse, which he always carried around him when he was sleeping (which undoubtedly exposed his rank).His hair was shorter than Chan's and darker, though they almost covered his dark, blank eyes, the shadow from his bamboo hat making them look meaner- prompting anyone who catches a glimpse of his eyes to run.

When he came back from that supply run, he had this look of- of... Jisung would describe it as an annoyance, but that was still hard to perceive. Especially when Hyunjin laid unconscious (again) on Jisung's lap with a noticeable red mark at the side of his cheek.

He barely spoke, even to Chan, who Jisung could only think was used to the situation. Though they seemed like they trusted each other. Sometimes, Chan would speak to Changbin, asking him questions, telling short stories where Changbin would answer in short sentences- usually less than ten words. He never smiled, and he never spoke to either Jisung or Hyunjin. But the thief never complained- not going to lie, Jisung was a little terrified of the suspicious stranger.

Speaking of Hyunjin, after a night's rest, he tried to roll off the Changbin's horse, hitting the ground with a loud grunt and a thump on the ground- which sounded like it hurt, that dumbass.

Chan and Changbin both glanced back at him before the latter sighed and jumped off his horse and walked to Hyunjin, pathetically trying to crawl away.

"I wished you weren't as stubborn- kind of like the dumbass on the other horse," he sighed, his rough voice finally making a clear debut to the two of them. 15 words, Jisung guessed it was a new record.

"Is he talking about you, or me?" Chan questions, Jisung shrugging.

Changbin turns Hyunjin around, who resisted and wiggled around. Obviously, Changbin had enough of his shit and ignored the guard's struggles, yanking him through the dirt and back towards the horses. Taking more rope from his supply bag, he heaves Hyunjin back on the horse, tying his feet to the saddle so if he were to roll off of the horse again- well- Jisung didn't think Changbin would get off his horse a second time...

"Let's hurry," Changbin huffs, dusting off his hands before jumping back on his horse. "We can't afford to lose any more days."

---

It was late at night when they approached a city wall, a sign of a city- or any sort of civilization Jisung has seen in a week. Chan and Changbin nodded to the few guards that patrolled the entrance at this hour, letting the group enter the city boundaries.

So they knew each other.

All Jisung knew was that they've been traveling south. So, Baekje or Silla? It couldn't have been Gaya. That would've taken at least two weeks from the town they came from.

However, instead of walking through the main gates, they took a slight detour to the forest, keeping to the small path. The horses entered further into the forest, slowly coming to a stop atop a small hill surrounded by rocks and trees. Chan and Changbin got off their horse, glancing around them. It was dark, and the moonlight provided just enough light so they don't trip.