-XIII-

"You really are such a nuisance." 

Jisung perks up, taking a few steps back and pressing himself against a tree. His heart was caught in his throat, and he tried to swallow it down. Though he was afraid that he swallowed a little too loudly-

Minho sighs, turning around and facing the trees that stood tall behind him.

"I know you're following me," Minho calls out. With his head low and a sheepish smile, Jisung peeks from behind the tree, waving small and making Minho's eyes roll. "I told you to go back to your friends."

"They're not my friends-"

"Neither am I- now go back and leave me alone, damn it."

As Minho walks down the dirt path- hoping for the silence he's wished and prayed for- he heard footsteps behind him. Whipping his body around, Jisung bumps into him, dark doe eyes wide and a pout on his lips- a lost puppy caught in a storm that was Lee Minho.

"Jisung," Minho warns, Jisung's eyebrows shooting up behind his dark hair.

"I'll protect you," Jisung speaks up, Minho rolling his eyes.

"I don't need protecting. I've lived as a bandit for eleven years," Minho turns his back again- bad mistake as Jisung walked beside him now. Minho halts again, turning and leaning away from the younger before running a hand through his messy hair.

"I can be a great guard," Jisung pipes up. "Plus you're royalty. Royalty needs to be protected."

"But I told you, I'm not royalty anymore- Aish!" Jisung jumps beside Minho, the older scratching at his head. "Why does my brother want me back anyway? There isn't a positive to his plan."

"I don't know," Jisung shrugs.

"Geez, you're helpless..."

They continue to walk in silence, Jisung and Minho usually about a meter apart- especially when Jisung would sometimes walk too close before jumping away again.

Either way, the forest was beautiful- much prettier than the night anyway. There was much more life around them, the sun living up the trees, and the nature around them. The birds sang, deer glanced at them, the spring insects flew about. Even if the awkwardness between Minho and Jisung didn't work, it certainly didn't disturb the great view around them.

"How did you..." Jisung perks up when Minho turns to him, the young arching an eyebrow. "How did you know about the exit?"

"Well..." Jisung mutters, shrugging. He tries to laugh- which only deflated and he shrugged again. "I actually came from Silla."

"Yes but- how did you know about it?" Minho acquires.

"Oh, that..." Jisung glanced away as Minho kept his eyes on him, the prior biting his lower lip. "Just a hunch. I mean- Goguryeo had it, Baekje had it. Why not Silla?"

"Right but-"

"Look- we're out of the forest," Jisung points out, awing at the blue sky they couldn't clearly see past the leaf roofs over the forest. Now it was just fields of rolling hills and plains, only a few trees that gave the view a little more oomph. "Where are we going by the way?"

"Give me your sword," Minho holds out his hand, Jisung arching an eyebrow before taking a step back. Minho groans, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. Jisung was grateful Minho decided to drop the previous subject, but he was afraid of what Minho was planning to do with the only weapon between them. "I'm not going to try to kill you."

"You've tried multiple- Yah!" Minho paid no mind to Jisung's whining and struggling as he unsheathed the sword himself, keeping Jisung back with a hand on his chest and blocking him with his legs. "What are you doing? Give that back, Yah! Lee Minho!"