-XXXII-

Jisung was glad that Minho had fallen off the cart.

He worried that the horse following the cart would trample over him (Thank God it didn't) and that he would break something but any of those were better than being captured into Silla custody- to be tortured for information he wasn't even a part of.

And even if he was taken in and proved innocent, they won't let him go. After associating with Jisung, they'll kill him too. Even if they figure Minho knew nothing about the younger thief. And if they ever find out about Minho's history with Baekje... They'll surely do something worse than torture or death.

Silla was beautiful, but she was cruel to those loyal to her and her enemies.

Honestly, Jisung shouldn't have told Minho. He shouldn't have blabbed his big mouth about killing the crown prince. He shouldn't have escaped Silla... Not just the first time but the second time as well. If they just waited- maybe Minho wouldn't have gone through all this. He might've been set free, and the Baekje guards could've recaptured him and dragged him home. Why the hell did he take Minho with him?? He might become the second prince Jisung's killed. Maybe if he takes another prince from Goguryeo, that'll complete his list.

But at least Minho was safe, in the hands of whoever attacked the cart (though Jisung assumed that it was Chan, Changbin, and Hyunjin considering that he recognized the arrows shot at them, ones that Changbin used). Now Jisung prayed that they show mercy to Minho and take him back to Baekje safely. He knows how stubborn Minho could be. He only wishes that he doesn't rub Changbin the wrong way. He knew how that went for Hyunjin.

Jisung wondered if this was why he was so determined to protect Minho: It reminded him of his days in Silla when everything was simple. When his mother would call for him and his sister home when it got too dark, growing up in his home's front courtyard. Everyone thought that he would grow up to be like his father, serving the king in the royal court. Though instead, he took an interest in sword fighting instead of reading politics. Studying the art of honor in protecting instead of the book that could only describe such. At first, his mother was against him learning dangerous arts at such a young age. But it grew on her. Especially with how passionate Jisung was about it.

He was lucky to do the thing he loved while bringing honor to the family- he guessed that protecting Minho was the same, even if the latter still rejected his proposed title of crown prince.

But he's at least finished his job, his purpose- though short. He guessed that he'll return to living in Goguryeo, with a life that wasn't a hint close to what it's called. Either that or he's killed in Silla- atonement for his wrongdoings all those years ago. It was finally time for his past to catch up to him.

Fate was just inescapable. 

Though blinking his eyes open, expecting to be in the dark cells of Silla, he was pleasantly met with a small, shammy room. The furniture was minimalistic- nothing but a small bed that Jisung laid on and a drawer in the corner. It reminded him of Minho's small hut in the village, quaint but more than enough to be called and recognized as a home.

It was bright out and not even the roof could protect the room from the sunlight spilling from the window, lighting up the whole, warm space. The blanket was thin but covered him completely and the pillow was ragged, but it still felt like a cloud against Jisung's head.

There were no guards, no chains or locked cells, no ropes, no strands of hay that littered the dirt floor. It was just Jisung, the birds outside singing lullabies to him for his wake.

It was hard sitting up, using his elbows to prop himself to relieve some tension heaved in his wounded shoulder. He carefully picks himself off the floor, hissing when pain struck his bandaged shoulder, holding it with his free hand. Honestly, the room almost looked like heaven. Did Jisung die and reincarnate into another individual? Or maybe he just hit his head a little harder than he expected...