-V-

Given the tumult from the firing range, Jisung didn't blame the snarls or mocking he received from the guards.

With their eyes on him; vultures waiting for the death of their next victim.

Though Yongbok spared him like that- sent him away without another word.

Of course, Changbin had no qualms with it and grabbed Jisung to his feet. The thief tried to resist, overflowing with adrenaline from the fight, though calmed when he felt his palms slide against his hanbok, staining them a muddy red. 

The other guards grabbed Hyunjin before the Goguryeo guard could fight back and looked like they were about to kill him- until a stern word from Chan shut them up.

It was weird- the situation he meant.

Especially when Yongbok smiled and nodded to him as Changbin dragged him past. One second, they were all at each other's throats, then the next they were all smiling at each other- albeit passive-aggresively.

"Ah- Ah! Wait- Wait- Wait!!"

Jisung tried to pull his hand away from the doctor, who only yanked him forward, leaning down to inspect the wounds on his hands stretching all the way from his fingers to his wrist.

"Your wounds are not that deep. But they're deep enough that I have to stitch them closed," she replies. Jisung paled at that, swallowing hard as she stood up from her spot in front of Jisung. The thief hiccuped as he clenched his hands, continuing to apply pressure on his injury.

The adrenaline had fully died down, and it no longer masked the immense pain he felt from his hands. Why did he grab the sword from the blade again? Right, to keep from getting stabbed. His hands burned, his fingers feeling numb and streaked with red from the blood that gushed out.

He almost fainted from staring at them for so long.

"Yah," the doctor lightly patted Jisung's cheek, who nearly tumbled over the bed. He glanced up at her with wide doe eyes. "Don't faint. That's how you die."

"Right..." Jisung mumbled, shaking his head before nodding. She runs outside, returning to the seat in front of Jisung with a heavy stick, shoving the thing between his lips. "Right- okay-"

"Bite on that, will you?" She questions, waving a hand when Jisung stared helplessly at her. "Oh, don't be a baby, it won't hurt too much. You should be lucky it's not infected."

Sliding a damp cloth across his palm, Jisung felt something tingle from his numbing fingers, growing into what he could only describe as another stab at his hands. He tried to keep quiet, biting around the stick as she said but even so, he felt as if it would snap in half between his jaw- that or his teeth would lodge themselves into the bark. Whichever came first.

"How did this even happen?" She asks, frowning at the wound as she quickly wiped down the other hand free of dirt and blood with another muffled cry from Jisung. 

"Saaaaannnnaaaa," Chan dragged out from the bed beside Jisung's. The guard was laying on his stomach, whining and complaining that the doctor leaned over and glanced at him past her current patient. "My shoulder is killing me!" He wheezed out.

"Good..." She huffs, grabbing the needle and pushing the first suture through Jisung's skin. He flinched, paling, his jaw numbing.

"But, Sana!" Chan whines again, Sana tightening her grip on Jisung's hand and only making the latter flinch.

"Yah! Shut up will you?! Unless you want me to actually break your shoulder!" She barks, muttering small curses under her breath that even Jisung couldn't hear. Jisung turns away from his hands, glancing back at Chan who sighed and pouted into the pillow.