-XXXVI-

Jisung was here.

Jisung was safe and alive, and Minho couldn't believe such a thing. Minho saw him standing on the peak of the slope before the dirt dipped down. For a moment, the bandit smiled, feeling his heart constrict at the familiar sight of the thief. To know he was okay, and breathing, and fine-

But something was wrong. The younger stumbled from one foot to another, heaving and coughing into his fist. There was someone standing behind him, patting his back as Jisung wheezed and lean over.

Then Minho remembered running toward him, climbing the rocky slope to get to the younger.

Yes, Minho felt as if his ribs were caving in, and yes, it was such a stupid, reckless idea to climb rocks without giving a second thought to his footwork, even if one wrong step could inherently send him to his death. Though his physical pain seemed like a harmless prick compared to the worries that stabbed his back.

He was grateful to reach the top before Jisung keeled over, stumbling over as he wrapped his arms around the young thief.

"I need- I need-" Jisung croaked out, clutching Minho's sleeve. He glances up, his dark, glassy eyes meeting Minho's. His face was a deathly pale, eyebrows furrowed and face sweaty.

"Jisung- I'm here," Minho breathes out, the younger's eyes falling to a close before going limp in the older's arms. And he held the younger tight. He really did. Even if Jisung didn't wake up from Minho's calls and light shakes.

He was reunited with Jisung, but why wasn't he waking up? What's wrong with him? Is he wounded? Dying?

"Yah, Jisung!" Minho heaves, ignoring the searing pain that bit into his side. He pats Jisung's cheek, furrowing his eyebrows. "Han Jisung, I swear if this is a joke- I'll-"

No, it wasn't a joke. No matter how many times Minho called for him, he didn't wake up. Pressing two fingers against the side of the younger's neck, below his jaw, he almost wept at Jisung's pulse.

He's alive. He's alive- Minho reassured himself, hugging Jisung near. But he almost pulled away at how hot the other was. He was burning, his face pale and sweaty as he furrowed his eyebrows, trying to gasp for air as if the younger was being choked by some imaginary being.

"Shit- We need to get you to a doctor quickly." Minho mutters to him, pressing a hand to the younger's forehead.

"Who are you?" Someone questioned beside Minho, the older turning. He sees someone tall, broad-shouldered, with light brown hair. He furrowed his eyebrows, wary of Minho, but his gaze was still soft, eyes darting toward the thief in Minho's arms. "Is-"

"Yah!" Hyunjin came running toward them, unsheathing his sword and aiming it at the man. The stranger leaned back, raising his hands in surrender- and confused fear as Hyunjin kept on barking at him like some unrestrained guard dog. "Did you hurt Jisung?! Why is he running from you?!"

"I- I-"

"I swear to God, if you're lying, I'll kill you-"

"Hyunjin!" Minho huffs, the Goguryeo guard turning to him. "Let the man speak!"

"I saved Jisung from the guard days back. And uh- I was just talking to him and he started running." He sighs, his shoulders relaxing as Hyunjin pulled his sword away, sheathing blade. "I told him to take care of his wound- he's just so stubborn!"

"That sounds like Jisung," Hyunjin shrugs as Minho heaved the younger onto his back, his arms supporting the backs of Jisung's legs. "Yah, Han Jisung! Wake up!" He says, poking the man's chubby cheeks before Minho tries to kick him away.