-XXX-

"Don't you think it's a little... To the left-"

Jisung groans as he nudges the floral decoration to the left.

"Your left."

Jisung moves it to his left, glancing back at the crown prince.

He frowns, sighing and holding his chin before yells and holds his head.

"It looks awful!" He wails, kneeling to the floor and scratching at the dirt. "Ugh! Why did I... Jisung. take it down..."

Jisung frowns as he takes the decoration off the table, holding it in front of the crown prince with an arched eyebrow.

"Your highness-"

"We need to go to town," the taller shoots up to his feet, running over to his quarters as the eunuchs and handmaids bowed before him. "Quickly, quickly. I need gentlemen's garments."

"But- Woojin-"

"Don't tell father, please," he whispers as Jisung catches up to him, the floral decoration still in hand. His narrow eyes catch Jisung's, glinting in this mischievous light that Jisung learned to harmonize with. Even so, the younger only puffed his cheeks, furrowing his eyebrows and frowning right after.

"But you need to attend a meeting," Jisung whispers back, entering Woojin's quarters with a few handmaids entering behind them, a fresh hanbok spread on their palms. He was all for the older's daily dose of fun, but governing and preparing a kingdom was more important- especially today. Jisung's expressed this multiple times, but Woojin would only laugh it off, wave him off and say that the time will come when he's ready to move forward. But it was hard to stay and fool around when he had a diplomatic feast in hours and a meeting right now!

"The meeting can wait- and I thought this would be more important? It's for the diplomatic feast after all," Woojin smiles at him, wide and with eyes bright, a new excuse produced by his bright brain of his. The older uncrossed his arms, waving a gesture to Jisung. "Shoo, I need to get changed."

Jisung bows with a small nod, walking out of the room. Woojin would usually complain about how serious Jisung could get in sudden moments. Jisung always explains to him that his job entails that he protects the crown prince from physical and emotional threats, but would smile to him about it, anyway. Woojin was his friend first, a prince second. Keeping him happy was his first thought, even if the job comes with heart attacks from the older's recklessness.

Outside, he waits with the other eunuchs and handmaids, all murmuring to each other about recent news or their excitement for the upcoming banquet.

Really, all Jisung wished for was for the mercy of the king- if the king finds out Woojin snuck out again...

"Everyone," Jisung lowered his voice to the eunuchs and handmaids, everyone's chatter coming to a close as they focused on Jisung- Kim Woojin's personal guard. "The crown prince is going to the marketplace. Please keep your mouths shut about this, understood?"

With their heads lowered, they avoided Jisung's gaze on them, though all jumping when Woojin slaps the guard's back, smiling at all the servants. Jisung glances back at the prince, whose bright smile was on him as a way to excuse the servants from Jisung's unbearing once-in-a-lifetime seriousness- especially when there was a banquet about!

"We'll be back as soon as we can." 

---

Jisung almost ran into Woojin as the older halts in his tracks, staring ahead into the marketplace with wide eyes and thin lips parted.