Chapter 5

Hayes' POV

The bus will be coming in around 30 minutes to bring everyone home. Right now is the time our grade has lunch. I usually sit with Julia but since we just ended today I decided to sit with Rose.

"Hey silly, mind if I join you?" She smiled brightly while laughing and said "of course"

"Okay Rose, so about earlier today..."

"Yeah... about that."

Rose seemed to feel uncomfortable talking about this but I had to get it off my chest.

Before I could speak I was suddenly surrounded ONCE AGAIN by stupid fan girls. I heard one say "are you and Rose dating again?!?!?! You could do better!" Another one said "what about Julia!?!?!" I didn't want to deal with this but I did. I informed all the 'fan girls' that Julia and I broke it off this morning. And also about Rose, no I don't like Rose. I glanced over to Rose quickly. Her face was bright red, like a tomato. I felt bad. I told the girls that I just wanted my last day here in peace, it seemed to work because I wasn't bothered for about 10 minutes when I finally got to talk to Rose alone again.

"So anyways. Rose I'm sorry but I really don't like you. Can we just stay friends?"

"Hahahahhaa of course Hayes" Rose said nicely

"Okay good, I thought for a second there you liked me back!"

"Ewwww Hayes gross gross gross YOU NASHTY!" Rose said this while laughing

I hugged her. We kind of just stayed there a little bit I think that's because she knew about Mine and Julia's breakup earlier. She was pretty cozy.

Lunch bell rang and I was leaving in 10 minutes. I brought rose over with me to go sit with my friends for the last 10 minutes of the day.

"Hayes!!!" Said my best friend jack

"Hi jack" I said calmly

"Hayes are you and rose dating again?" Jack said this while doing the whole are you guys a thing face.

"Hahahahahhaha nooooo"

"Oh right you are dating Julia that mean girl still" said Mike my other friend.

"No Julia and I broke up this morning." I said sadly

Rose came closer to me and whispered something in my ear, "Hayes look to your left"

So I looked to my left and saw Julia and Chris kissing. I was so furious. So... jealous. I ran up to rose.

I kissed her.

A few seconds after the kiss she looked up to me (I'm 4 inches taller than her). Her face was brightly light like a tomato. I didn't know what to do.

I heard my friend jack say "Ohhhh get emmmm" but he knew I didn't like her.

"Rose I'm really sorry. I just saw Julia and Chris kiss and I got jealous. Like I said before, no feelings." I said nervously laughing.

"Hayes you can't keep kissing me like that but I get it... I think"

Roses POV

I have no feelings for Hayes and Hayes has no feelings for me so I guess we are good. Last bell rang and I ran up to Hayes.

"Hey loser" I said jokingly

"Hey dumbo" Hayes said

"I'm going to miss you" I said sadly

"Rose, I'm going to miss you too, but I have to go now."

I hugged him so tightly and he kissed my cheek goodbye. No not a romantic kiss just a friendly goodbye kiss. Like I said before no feelings.

"I'll see you soon Hayes, I love you... As a friend!" I shouted while laughing

"Haha of course bye rose! And don't forget to text me!" Hayes said practically shouting across the hall to me.

I ran back upstairs since the bell didn't ring yet for walkers.

Hayes' POV

I got onto the bus and there were barely any people on today. I sat with my friend Evan. We talked about moving and stuff and I got his new number. I said goodbye when we were at my stop and I wasn't even that sad, I couldn't wait to start over in Florida.

Goodbye Davidson Day