Chapter 9

I was really bored. I clean my room since I have family coming over this weekend. I start school tomorrow but I already had everything ready. I finished cleaning my room.

I texted Kelly since I said I would.

Hayes: hey Kelly!

Kelly: hey Hayes, wanna hang out?

Hayes: uhh sure but It can't be at my house because my mom is still unpacking and my house is a mess.

Kelly: okay you can come over my house!

Nash's POV

I woke up next to Sky sleeping next to me and the tv on blasting. Sky jolted up as soon as I did, singing along to the Strawberry Shortcake theme song.

"Awhh Sky we fell asleep!!" I said.

"Nash will you watch this episode with me?" Sky pleaded.

"Of course, but here I'll heat up your Mac and cheese first, I'm sure you're really hungry!!"

I walked over towards the microwave and through in the Mac and cheese. The stove clock read 2:57....

I jogged up the stairs to see where Hayes and my mom were.

"Hayes? Mom?" I called out.

"In here!" Hayes called.

"Oh hey Hayes, your room looks really clean, but where's mom?"

"She just went to work. We got here a little late, 1:45, only like five minutes though." Hayes said.

"Oh okay. I'm going to hang out with Sky so see you later?"

I noticed Hayes laughing, on Instagram.....strange I thought.

"Bye Nash" a laughing Hayes sounded.

As I walked back down the stairs, I clicked on Instagram. My notifications were blowing up more than normal, weird. I searched Hayes account and clicked on his most recent picture.

"HAYESS!!!!!" I hollered.

"Nash! My mac and cheese AND strawberry story cake? Do I look like I'm getting any younger??" Skylynn whined in an annoyed tone.

"Sorry Sky! Hayes is being his normal doofus self, we can watch it now though!!" I responded.

"YAYAYAY!!" Sky said, clearly filled with joy.

"Nash can you please drive me to my friends house?" Hayes asked.

"No way Hayes! Not after your little Instagram stunt you pulled, have fun walking though!" I said with a smirk on my face.

"Ugh fine, bye Sky, see you later tonight. Okay?" Hayes said.

"Bye doofus!!!!! See you tonight." Sky practically screamed. She was clearly preoccupied with her food and tv, not even having a chance to take a glance at Hayes.

Hayes quickly walked outside with a confused expression, as it was going to be very dark soon.

Through the window I saw that Our mom had pulled in the driveway right as Hayes walked out the door. They talked for a couple of minutes and then Hayes hoped in the front seat and drove off.

"When's mom going to be here??" Sky whined. She clearly hadn't seen my mom just pull in the drive way and drive off with Hayes.

"A few minutes Sky, she's driving Hayes off to a friends I think.? Be patient though Sky, try to finish your food and let's watch the rest of this show together. Okay?"

Sky just nodded in agreement and chomped down a big bite of Mac and cheese, only before gluing her eyes right back to Strawberry Shortcake.

Hayes' POV