Chapter 18

"I'll be there in a second Meg!"

"Okay, bye!"

Cameron parked in her driveway as I sprinted out of the car.

Megan's POV

While stumbling down my narrow stairs I heard a knock at my front door.

"Meg can you get the door!" Yelled my mom from her room.

"Already on it!"

Slowly but surely I opened my front door.

"Hi hayes!"

Hayes POV

She answered the front door.

She was wearing a tan-ish sweater with dark jeans and brown high boots. She had curly hair, not the really frizzy kind, the actually curls. She was tan and had blue eyes.

"Hey Meg" I said while pulling her into a hug.

"You ready?" She said while running to my car.

"DIBS ON FRONT" I said from a distance.

"TOO LATE" she said.

As I walked over to the car I got a message. It was Rose...

"Hayes i like Chris"

I wasn't mad, I mean I think I like Meg! Rose is just somebody I USED to know.

"Hayes are you coming or what?" Shouted cam

"I'm coming im coming." I said while purposely walking slowly to the car.

Skylynn say next to me the whole car ride to the yogurt place while Meg and Cam were in front.

"So Megan, are you and hayes the same age?" Asked cam, trying to start conversation.

Since Megan and I just met a week ago or so we weren't very close, but I wished we were closer.

"Yeah, we're in almost all classes together!"

"Oh nice!"

We arrived at the place. While jumping out of the car I opened the door for Megan.

"Thanks hayes" she said while smirking.

Megan's POV

Hopefully going out with hayes and Skylynn and cam would be the first step to our relationship.

I really like hayes, but I just want to take things slow. He probably has a girlfriend from back home. I'm probably too ugly for him.

I dressed up cute today, so I could maybe impress him. But I should probably dress like this for now and on.

Hayes is like a little teddy bear. He is an amazing hugger. He smelt like old spice deodorant. It. Was. Amazing.

I know Hayes and kelly talked but I looks like they don't anymore. I wonder what happened. Did Hayes hurt her? Kelly is literally OBSESSED with Hayes. Ever since he moved here kelly has been acting strange. Kelly and this guy Brendan are dating. I think Hayes liked kelly before he met me, which I understand why, she's gorgeous.

As Hayes opened the door for me I have him a "you're adorable" smile.

We walked into the yogurt shop with Skylynn in my arms.

"Megan, are you and Hayes best best best friends!"

"Haha sky! We just met but I think we are getting there!"

I hope Hayes didn't think I was "friend zoning" him because I think I like him.

After ordering, we sat down at the table near a girl who had brown hair as well.

I sat next to Skylynn and Cameron and Hayes sat next to each other.

The girl was a table next to us.

I noticed Hayes looking over there.

"Hayes, do you know her?" I asked Hayes.

"Umm I think it might be kelly, but I'm mad at her"

Kelly. Kelly has to be here. Really.

The mysterious girl turned to face us.

"HAYES!"

Hayes looked at me, ignoring Kelly's annoying voice.