Chapter 1

"Honey, you're going to be late!" mom yelled from the kitchen. "Coming, just a sec!" I hollered back. I grabbed my backpack, brushed my teeth as fast as I could, and got my notebook.

"HONEY! Are you coming?" yelled mom. "YES MOM! Geez!" I sighed and ran downstairs. I laced up my shoes and was out the door before you could say school. I jumped up in the car and off we went.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Juliet Goodyear. I am in 7th grade at a public school called Ace Academy. I live in San Francisco. It's just my mom and me. My dad passed away when I was three.

I have red hair and I'm pretty tall. At least, thats what everyone says. My favorite hobbies are singing, dancing, and painting. Yeah, I know. Pretty basic.

I have two BFF's. Annie and Becca. Annie is a cool girl and has amazing boy advice. Becca is a book worm. But she also has incredible fashion style.

Becca and I have been best friends ever since preschool. Annie moved here three years ago, when her dad got a new job. So we've been best friends since then.

Us three have the nickname "The Troublemakers". We got it when we toilet papered our advisor's house last year. We got in a lot of trouble, but it was worth it.

Anyway, enough about Bec and Anns. This story is about me.

It was the first day of school. I was so pumped. I didn't have the best reputation last year. Well, being called "The Troublemakers" with my two BFF's wasn't my idea of a good reputation.

But this year was different! I was going to make new friends and become popular!

I was wearing my cutest outfit I had. A ruffle flower shirt, a short black sparkly skirt, and long brown boots. I had my hair in a messy bun, and I had a slight coat of pink lipgloss on.

Don't get the wrong idea though, I am not one of those sassy pink-wearing popular girls. Oh no. I like swimming and getting dirty at times, but other times I just want to be clean and cute.

It's kinda hard to explain. Anyway, this year I was a 7th grader! I had been waiting to be in 7th grade since I was in preschool!

I thought it would be so much fun! Being all grown up and being able to have my first kiss!

I have to admit, I am pretty excited to have a boyfriend. I have never been kissed before! And I figured this was the year!

I know, I know. Don't get my hopes up, I don't even know a boy.

I mean, I know my neighbor, Carlos. But he is NOT cute. Plus he's ten years old. So yeah.

I had always wondered what 7th grade was going to be like, and now here I was!

Living my dream I had always wanted! This was going to be the best year ever!

Or so I thought....