Chapter 6

I was so mad at Annie and Becca for speaking to me like that! That was so annoying! I'm not some puppet they can control! 

I am a human being! Just like them. How do they think they can just boss me around like that! It's so rude!

All I wanted to do was get to math class. I was determined to make no more pit stops. Just then I realized something. Annie and Becca were in my math class. 

Great. So I'm gonna see them there. Just great. But....hold on. Math class is this way. Becca and Annie went the opposite direction of me. What was going on?

But then I realized another thing. Math class is one one of the classes that is a middle and high school split. And I remember seeing Brandon in my class before I knew him. Yay! 

I'll get to see Brandon in math class. I can tell him all about what has happened since he left me at homeroom. So that's something to look forward to!

I skipped down the empty halls to math class. Wait..EMPTY? Oh crap. I must be late because of all my pit stops I took. 

Instead of skipping I ran. I ran all the way there. I was almost out of breath when I got there.

Mr. Sanchez eyed me. Then he said, 

"Please sit down Miss Goodyear." 

He sounded really annoyed, and I didn't want to make him mad so I sat down. I looked around for Brandon while Mr. Sanchez babbled on about algebra, but I didn't see Brandon anywhere.

What? Why was Brandon, Becca, and Annie not in math class? Why did Becca and Annie go the opposite direction of me when they knew they had to get to math?

Okay, something weird was going on, and I was going to find out what.

I rose my hand high in the air so Mr. Sanchez couldn't miss me. He ignored me for a while but then said,

"Yes Miss Goodyear?"

"May I use the hall pass please?"  I said, eagerly.

He looked annoyed. I wasn't sure he was gonna let me use it or not. But then he said,

"Uh..Yes. Just be back quickly young lady."

Yay! I was so happy! My plan had worked and now I could see what was going on. I hopped out of my chair and ran down the hall.

I knew where Becca and Annie were. They were probably in the janitors closet (that's our secret hideout) talking about me. Ugh! 

I quickly ran to the janitors closet. Sure enough, I heard voices. I think they were Becca and Annie. But there was another voice I didn't quite know.

I heard Annie say,

"You better not do anything at all with our friend! You better not do any canoodling with her! Because mister, I will get you!!" she yelled at the other voice that I didn't know.

"I'm sorry!" I heard the other voice say. It wasn't a girl, though. 

What in the world is happening? Why- And then it hit me. Like a brick wall. Oh no they don't!

I slammed the door open with all my might. I could not believe they did this. I saw Becca, Annie, and...BRANDON! 

I knew it! OMG! I could not believe they were doing this to me!

Brandon looked sad and worried. Annie and Becca looked mad and startled.

"We're sorry Jules-" Annie began before I interrupted her.

"Don't you call me "Jules"! I'm Juliet to you! How could you do this to me?! You're the worst friends ever!" I yelled at Annie.

Annie was red with fury. Becca looked scared and worried. Then Becca said,

"You don't have a dad! You need us to protect you from the wrong boys. And Brandon is clearly the WRONG GUY!!!" she yelled.

Wow. I had never heard Becca yell like that. Especially not at me. Becca had always been so shy. Ever since preschool. But now Annie had changed her into this monster!

I was bawling! How could Becca bring up my dad like that? She knew how sensitive I was about that!

Brandon got up and took me by the hand. Then he glared at me ExBFF's. He led my out of the janitors closet and slammed the door on Annie and Becca.

I just kept bawling. I didn't know what to do. Becca was so mean and so was Annie. I missed the old Becca. The one that would always be there for me when I was crying.

But now, I was crying BECAUSE of Becca! I hate them! I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them!

Somehow saying that just made me feel worse. How could I hate my BFF's?! I never thought I would say that sentence, but here I am. Living it....