Chapter 8

I woke up 5 hours later. I looked on the clock 5:30pm. Wow. I really was tired.

"Sweetie, time to get up. Get ready for Salad Galore!" called mom from downstairs.

Oh no. I'm not even ready!

 I popped on a cute ruffle top and blue jeans. Then I slipped on some shiny flats. 

I put my hair in a two messy low braids. I put on a slight coat of clear lipgloss and ran downstairs.

Mom was already waiting for me by the door. She knows I'm fast. I ran down the front steps and hopped in the car. 

Mom turned on the radio. Oh yay! My fav song was on. "Shake it off" by Taylor Swift! It's a classic. 

Mom must've heard me humming in the back seat because she turned the volume up. I felt like I was at a concert. When I was two, my dad took me to one of Taylor Swift's concerts! It was awesome!

I don't remember much but I do remember when dad let me eat a whole stick of cotton candy. I got food poisoning, but it was still awesome!

As you can tell, I haven't been out much. We finally pulled into the parking lot of Salad Galore

Mom and I love this place! They have an all you can eat salad bar with basically every single topping you can imagine!

And best of all, Dessert Palace is right by it! So every-time we go there, we get dessert afterwards. 

Mom turned off the car and I ran into the restaurant. We went up to the reservation table to get our table. 

"Table for two, please." said mom, politely.

"Ahh! Yes. Follow me." said the lady at the desk.

We followed her into the crowded restaurant. Good thing we made a reservation.

"We have a special guest tonight! He is a famous musician. There he is right over there." said the lady, pointing to a big man in a black suit.

Wow. A real musician! That was a pretty big deal.

We sat down and I ordered the caesar salad. Mom ordered something that was too hard to pronounce. So I'm not even gonna try to.

I suddenly had to go to the bathroom. I got up and went into the bathroom. This place is too cheap to have Men and Women bathrooms, so they just had private ones for all genders.

Luckily, there wasn't a line so I quickly went inside. I was washing my hands when I heard a knock. 

Oops! I was probably taking too long using up all the pink soap. 

I stopped putting soap in my hands and turned on the tap. I still had that Taylor Swift song stuck in my head, so I hummed it while I was washing.

Then I needed to get it outta my head and I figured that if I sang, it would get it out. 

So while I was drying my hands, I sang it really loudly.

Once I was done, I opened the door. But I wasn't looking where I was going and I ran straight into someone.

"Sorry!" I yelped, startled.

I looked up to see a big man looking down at me. And it wasn't just any man. It was the musician!

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry mister!" I exclaimed.

The big man looked down at me. He had a surprised look on his face.

At first, I thought he was mad at me. But then he smiled.

"No worries. I was wondering who was singing that beautiful song. What is your name miss?" he said.

 I was astonished. He liked my singing?! Wow. I guess I was good.

"Um...my name is Juliet. Juliet Goodyear." I stuttered.

"Well Juliet, I have a question for you." he said, bending down.

"What is it?" I asked, curiously.

"Do you really like to sing Juliet?" he asked.

I nodded. He smiled. Then he turned around and started talking to this dude.

He turned back around. And said:

"Will you go get your mother please?" he said, pointing to my mom.

At first I thought he was gonna kidnap me or something. But I went to get mom anyway.

I went up to her and told her he wanted to see her. Mom looked suspicious. But then she got up and went over to him.

I just sat at the table for what seemed like forever. Then I heard mom squeal. What in the world? Why was my mother squealing.

I wanted to know what they were talking about. Finally, mom came back to the table looking happy and serious at the same time.

She sat down and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Juliet. The man wants to know if you would like to help him with his soring tour he is going on in a few weeks" she said.

"WHAT?! REALLY!?" I exclaimed, forgetting we were in a restaurant. 

"Shhhh!" said mom. "Yes. He really admired your singing and he said that he is going on a big tour in a few weeks. He wants to know if you would be the guest for the tour." said mom, excitedly.

"OH MY GOSH! Really?! Yes! Of course! But...wait. Oh. You have to decide don't you mom?" I asked.

Mom sighed. Then she said,

"I will always be there to protect you Jul, but I think you should decide this one on your own." she said, smiling.

"Really? This is my choice? Well...okay. Yep! I'll definitely do it! Yes, yes, yes and a million more times yes." I said, happily.

Mom smiled. Then she got up and went over to the man. They talked for a while until mom came back.

"How'd it go? What'd he say?" I asked, eagerly.

"He said he's looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks. He also gave me a business card for a place that we can go tomorrow to get you an agent. So that's good!" said mom.

Wow! I couldn't believe it! I was going to be famous! I was going to get to be on a real stage! With a real agent! How cool was that?

ANSWER: Awesome!

The lady finally came with our food. I gobbled mine up. We didn't go to get dessert because  mom was on he phone with the agent company.

We drove home and I took a quick shower. 

I slid into my pjs and climbed into bed!

I was so excited for tomorrow! I would get to meet my agent!

I turned out the light and stared up at the ceiling, thinking about what had all happened today.

I got punched in the nose by a high schooler, I learned about The Blonde Squad, I met the love of my life, I got into a huge fight with my friends, I got complimented on my outfit by the most popular girl at school, and I got the biggest choice of my life!

Wow. This has been a pretty crazy day. 

I shut my eyes and thought one last thing:

I'm gonna be FAMOUS!