Chapter 16

I ran as fast as I could to my locker and grabbed my backpack and the jar of chocolate syrup (it will make sense during the prank).

I ran to the courtyard and saw Annie and Brandon hiding behind a tree. I ran up to them. 

Brandon gave me a quick "Hello" kiss before telling me what time Taylor's class ends.

"She usually goes to the bathroom to put on more makeup. Then she meets up with Adrienne and her dad comes to pick her up in his Lamborghini. But it's always out here. So we can get her right before she gets in. Got it?" he said.

I nodded. Then Annie laughed and pointed towards the stairs. I turned around and saw Taylor walking down and sure enough, she was wearing makeup and she was with Adrienne.

Brandon pulled me behind the tree and motioned for me to pour the chocolate syrup on the ground. I smeared it onto the sidewalk.

Then Annie pulled the rope in between the trees where Taylor was walking. Brandon put on his clown mask, all ready.

Here it goes......

Taylor stumbled across the rope and lost her balanced. She squealed (because of fear, not because of happiness). Then she plummeted into the chocolate syrup. She fell face first in. She was covered from head to toe in chocolate. Then Brandon helped her up. She grabbed his hand but then screamed when she saw his clown mask. But then I heard Brandon whisper:

"Sorry Tay."

Then all these fake spiders tumbled out of the trees on top of Taylor! She shrieked and Adrienne ran away. 

Everybody got out there cameras and started laughing and filming Taylor. Taylor started crying and mascara streamed down her face, making her look goth.

She glared at me and opened the door to he car. Then she sped off.

Annie lost it. She fell to the ground, laughing hysterically. Brandon snorted and I giggled. I couldn't help it!

The whole school was laughing. Some were showing others the video. And others were mimicking Taylor. It was so funny!

Finally, finally....TAYLOR GEORGE GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED! I'm pretty sure she wants to change schools now. 

Even Adrienne was laughing and looking at the video. I have to admit....I felt kinda bad for Taylor. NOT!

She so needed something to knock her makeup brain straight. And finally she got it. Annie high-fived Brandon and I. Brandon kissed me and I blushed.

"I'll walk you home. If you want." he said.

I smiled. And said:

"Thanks. I'd love that!" 

He took my hand as we started walking to my house. Luckily, Brandon's house was about 5 minutes away from mine. So he wouldn't have to walk far alone.

"Hey. Can I ask you something?" I said, about 3 minutes into the walk.

"Sure." he said, "What is it?"

"Well...why were you and Taylor dating?" I asked, thinking about when I heard him say "Sorry Tay".

Brandon frowned. Then he sighed.

"Listen Jules. I don't want to talk about another relationship when I'm already in one. What's the point of that? If you're jealous that Taylor and I used to date, don't be. She's a spoiled brat, and I'm so glad I broke up with her, because otherwise.....I wouldn't have YOU!" he said, smiling.

I smiled too. Brandon was the perfect guy. Funny, sweet, good-looking. He had it all.

But....why did I feel like he was hiding something from me. Why wouldn't he tell me what happened to him and Taylor? 

I knew he was hiding something. I just had to find out wha-

"We're here!" he said, startling me.

"OH! I mean...oh. Thanks. Love you!" I said, catching my breath.

I gave him a quick kiss and ran inside. He waddled down the street.

I ran up to my room and looked up his 'Facebook' page. 

I scanned through the photos, hoping to see him and Taylor. But...I only saw photos of him and me. Which I guess was a good thing. 

But..why did he say sorry to a person he hates. Hmm. I needed to do some research.

"DINNER HONEY!" yelled mom from the kitchen.

Ugh. Guess I'd just have to do my research after dinner.

I ran downstairs and sat down. It probably took me about 3 minutes to gobble down all my food.

Mom looked at me, astonished. 

"DOHNE!" I yelled, my mouth filled with food.

I cleared my plate and ran back upstairs. Then I did more research, but I still couldn't find anything. Ugh!

I thought of the only reasonable thing: Call Annie.

I rang her five times but she didn't pick up. I figured I'd call it a day. 

I brushed my teeth, took a shower, put on my pjs, and got into bed. I turned my light out and lay in the darkness, thinking about all that had happened today. 

Next stop: The tour