One

One; The Inspirational journalist?
_______

"Every girl wants a bad boy to show her the rough side of life and  every bad boy wants a good girl to change him...you know pop him out of his little cocoon."

"What are you even saying?"

"I'm saying that you Taylor Carter have the ultimate chance to change the second baddest boy in our school."

"Oh...okay!"

Great! Her infinite stupidity clouded the only space in her brain telling her that I was only being sarcastic.

"Thank you Genna, Principal Harley definitely made the best decision in making you relationship counselor!" Taylor walks out of the editing room.

Fay walks in with a half eaten tuna sandwich in his hand. "Thought you'd be starving." He places the sandwich in front of me. "Thanks but next time I'd like to have my sandwich with the stolen pieces in your stomach." I reply as he laughs loudly.

"Anyways, Have you heard the news about Heath Rider and Krista Simmings?" He asks I take a bite of the sandwich.

"What? Did Heath Rider set her treehouse on fire or something?" I joke. Fay's face expressionless.

"Worse...he likes her!"

"So...is that a bad thing?" I ask trying not to laugh. But he falters and scratches his head.

"Yes! Krista belongs to me." He blurts.

"Well, it's not my fault she didn't notice you." I say finishing the rest of my sandwich. "That's the thing, Krista doesn't just fall for any guy...she has this qualification problem."

"Well from the way you put things she's picky." I point out. Fay rolls his eyes and I give out a chuckle.

"Miss Hudson please report to the principal's office now." The PA system rings through our ears. "Ugh, I think I'm in trouble." I tell Fay as I pick up my backpack. "I'll see you later Gen." I hug him and walk out of the conference room.

______

"Have a seat Miss Hudson." Principal Harley gestures to the seat Infront of me. I do as I am told and sit.

I open my mouth to speak but he beats me to it.

Drat!

"Winston High has been selected to take part in the Editors press awards next month and we need an opening prompt as a start off  for your headline. Perhaps this won't be a hectic job for you will it?" He asks furrowing his eyebrows at me.

A prompt? I have no clue of what I'm even going to write about.

"Principal Harley; just to be clear, I can decide which topic to write on?"

"I'm afraid not Genna, you write only according to your column." He states shifting his chair.

"But I don't have a column, I just advice people who know nothing about relationships." He says nothing but lifts one eyebrow at me.

Oh...

"Relationships, my paper has to be about relationships."

"Correct."

Well this is a train wreck.

"This could be a chance to influence aspiring journalists like you." He says patting my head like a dog.

Really, who is this guy?

"I don't remember mentioning that I wanted to become a journalist Principal Harley." He laughs and then looks at me. "Well today is your lucky day Hudson. Your entry should be submitted by this month."

I give myself a mental facepalm, but then smile at him.

"Well count me in."

______

"I can't believe he picked you to do this, I mean have you even written an article on relationships before?" Fay asks me as we head into the cafeteria.

"Principal Harley thinks I would be an inspiration to young journalists." I joke as I pick my tray and place two apples on them. Fay laughs and we both settle down to eat.

"I need to find a story to write on." I state. And Fay pauses.

"Anything wrong?"

"No, I was just thinking about Krista asking me out to the winter formal next month." He bluffs stacking his mouth with almond nuts.

"That's it!"

"I always knew you had that supportive side in you!" Fay pulls me into a tight hug but I pull back. "Heath and Krista silly, it could be a modern article on William Shakespeare's book about the shrew."

"Of course!" Fay says slightly hurt. I notice the sarcasm in his tone and tap him on the shoulder."Hey, trust me on this one...I could somehow help Heath get Krista, just for the paper and then I could get to know more about her qualifications  and set you guys up...if she and Heath don't work out."

He's taken aback a bit but then nods in agreement.

"I like the sound of that."

This is going to be a long month.

______________________________________________________________________

How did I do?

What do you guys think of Genna and Fay?

Vote and leave a comment!

Love y'all <3