Sixteen

Sixteen:- Brotherly Blues
______

"Come on Rider you've been staring at me for ages. Is there something on my face?...Its Toby's blood isn't it?" He says nothing as he lays his back on the grass.

"Its not blood, you're just...nevermind."

"Heath?"

"Mm?"

"What would you do, if you feel like someone important to you seems to be drifting away?"

"Well, I've never been in an instance where someone is 'drifting'. For me its them gone at once without anyone seeing it coming."

"I'm sorry-"

"It's okay...it all just gets better when I talk to you."

"Aaw, does my big bwother love having a conversation with me?" I nudge his knee a bit.

"Psht, Hudson are you always this annoying?" He asks lifting his head up. "I'm your sister,I'm supposed to be annoying." He rolls his eyes and reaches into his bag.

"What you got there?" I ask curiously as he shuffles through the bag.

He pulls out a silver pendant with a butterfly across it. "Turn around." He orders.

I furrow my eyebrows and he sighs. "Can you please just be less annoying,  just this once?"

"Mm...okay!" I turn around as he slowly brushes my hair to my side and fixes the necklace on.

"This was my mom's..."

I say nothing as he backs away. I hear him zip up his bag from behind me. But stay steady, still examining the necklace.

"What do you think?" He asks shifting close. I stay silent and turn slowly to face him.

"Why are you giving this to me?" He looks away scratching his head. "You won't understand..."

"If I didn't understand, would you have hit it off with Krista?" He shakes his head slightly with a chuckle.

"Family is more special." He says with a smirk.

"Oh so I'm more like a sister to you? Awful but let's work with that." He rolls his eyes and lays back kn the grass.

Some brother I have...