Eleven

Eleven: Don't say pickle.
_____

Heath parks his motorcycle indront of Mrs. Mrs. Willow's.

"Thanks for the ride."

"Hey, I'm immune to girly niceness." Heath stops me by lifting a finger in my face.

"Immune? I see. Krista doesn't make it seem so." I tease smacking his hand away.

"Whatever."

"Whatever? You seemed so into the conversation with her at the coffee shop what makes you shrug it all off like that."

"Look, I'm trying to act cool ok? Playing tinder with three hot girls just isn't my thing."

"But you nailed it!"

"Yeah..." he says sounding a bit sad.

"What's wrong, didn't you want Krista to notice you and be nice to you." I ask and he nods.

"Then what's the pickle jar?"

"What did you say?" He asks looking slightly confused.

"Pickle jar; it's my mom's term for 'problem' "

"Wow" Heath remarks sarcastically.

"So what is your pickle jar?"

"Ok will you stop with the pickles?" He yells, frustrated.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong. " I clap back. He rolls his eyes.

"I accidentally asked Krista out." He blurs and I clamp my hands over my mouth. "You did what?"

"You heard me."

"Well someone's taking things fast." I tease. "She accepted?" I ask. He nods his head slowly .

"Why are you sad then?"

"Because I've never done that. "

"What? Ask a girl out?" He looks at me shyly and I scoff.

"Pfft, you're lying. What about Avery Scott, the girl you dated in eighth grade? Or Macy Lewis...you made her cheat on her boyfriend. "

"Wow, I did that?"

"My point is, what makes you think you haven't asked a girl out."

"Well, I was paid by her brother to date Avery, Macy was drunk at a party and she kissed me first"

"So you're saying Krista is the only girl you've liked...genuinely." he nods .

"Okay, so where did you ask her out to?" I finally ask.

"Her cousin's game this Friday." He states. "Dont worry, you'll do fine." I reply tapping him on the shoulder.

He smirks and then looks at me with a sly grin.

"You're coming with me."

I falter and look at him as he laughs uncontrollably. "No I'm not, Fay and I have movie night."

Heath pauses and rolls his eyes.

"Just call quits,he'll understand. "

"You think that's easy?" I cross my arms over my chest .

"Well, who said asking a girl out was easy? I guess we both walk on the same line here."

Dammnit Heath Rider...