Back to Hogwarts

Hermione

There were voices talking, but I couldn't tell what they were saying. My eyelids felt so heavy. I cracked open my eyelids and light flooded in. I shut them immediately, not use to the brightness of the room. I opened my eyes back slowly, adjusting to the light in the room. I was met with an unfamiliar white ceiling. Where was I? I couldn't remember anything? My thoughts were cut short as someone open and closed a door. The footsteps got louder and then someone opened a window. A breeze came through and there was a smell, a smell of the sea.

The sea! Percy! Where is everyone. I tried to sit up, but a sharp pain coming from my stomach shut that plan down immediately as I laid back down and let out a gasp of pain at the same time.

"Mione! You're awake, thank the gods! I was so worried for you. I didn't know what I'd do if I lost you." came a very familiar voice of a sea green eyed boy. I turned to face the son of Poseidon.

"Hermione? Are you ok? Do you need anything?" said Percy while taking a seat next to Hermione on the bed.

I tried to sit up again, ignoring the pain.

"Hey you really shouldn't be doing th-" I grabbed Percy and kissed him. Then I slapped him as hard as I could manage in my weak state.

"Are you still angry with me?" he asked rubbing his cheek.

"Angry? I'm furious Percy. I have this feeling that I should still trust you, but I don't know if I can do this anymore. I'm torn between my feelings for you and my friends and family. Please Percy, just help me understand. Why? Why did you betray us?" I asked as my vision started to blur from tears.

"Ok. I'll tell you everything. I don't care anymore, I can't bare to see you like this anymore. I wanted to tell you so bad, but I couldn't. Now that my cover is blown, I don't think it matters anymore." Percy went to explain everything for the next hour. He didn't leave any detail out of the plan. How his quest more than just to come protect Harry which I had nearly forgotten about. I realized how ingenious of a plan it was. I'm still hurt over Dumbledore's death, but I was surprised in Snape's involvement. That he did this all for his love of Lily Potter.

"You have to promise you that you won't tell anyone about Snape. He is still trusted by the Dark Lord and I want to keep it that way." he said.

I grabbed him and kissed him again. This time it was more passionate. We both smiled into the kiss and only stopped because we needed air.

"Don't you dare ever doing something like that again." I said pointing my finger at him.

"I won't."

"Now tell me what happened and where are we? The last thing I remember is apparating away and everything went black." I asked.

"When we we were about to apparate away she threw a knife and it hit you in the stomach. Which by the way, I still don't think you should be sitting up."

"I'm fine Percy. The pain isn't too bad. Anyways, where are we, you didn't answer that part."

"We are at Bill and Fleur's cottage. They let us lay low here for a while."

"How long was I out for?"

"A couple of days."

"A couple of days? How could a stab wound keep me out for that long?"

"Well the knife she threw was coated in poison. It almost killed you, it was a very fast acting poison. They were trying all types of magic to help but it just saved you. I guess you needed time to recover." explained the boy.

"Guess I'm lucky, huh. Did I miss anything else?" I asked

"Well Harry and Ron sort of made peace with me after I explained to them that Dumbledore wanted me to get closer to Snape, that he knew Snape would kill him and instead of preventing it he wanted me to be trusted by the Death also got another horcrux. Helga Hufflepuff's cup. We snuck into Bellatrix's vault while you were out. I didn't want to leave you, but Harry, Ron, and I wanted to act fast. That damn Griphook betrayed us and took the sword and left us to die. Luckily Dobby was able to save us." answered Percy.