1

The blunt announcement of the supernaturals existence surprised all humans when they were discovered. Wars broke out, beings were captured for research purposes, until they disappeared. No one knows exactly where they went, if they were all killed or their genes grew weak and they were diminished to the humans they fought.

They hadn't been seen in well over fifty years since the war, however still relevant in stories and jokes, becoming a mix of modern and ancient history tied together.

They became bed time stories, made to make sure children were well behaved. They replaced the boogeyman with werewolves and vampires. Real beings that once roamed the earth. Once thought to be fantasy and myth became reality. After all, all myths have foundations in reality.

The next announcement that shocked the world was the arrival of the virus.

It had taken a heavy toll on society, wiping out over a third of the worlds population and closing down a lot of business worldwide. The economy plummeted during the midst of the virus as well, severely crippling the remaining two thirds that had survived.

(Y/N)s mother worked hard as a single mother. She kept a roof over their heads and food on the table. It was a good system until the virus hit.

She lost her job and was put on fortnightly payments by the government. It forced her daughter to try to find a job while juggling her education. But that's exactly what thousands where doing. Looking for a job to support their families.

It took a while before the money fully ran out, many families no longer able afford to live in a big city anymore, forcing them out into a small towns.

The day her mother got sick was the day she filled out her life insurance and her will, ensuring all the money she had went to her daughter in the case she didn't make it.

The chances were slim, and sooner than both parties were ready to accept, (Y/N)'s mother passed away.

Forced into the foster system with out any remaining family, (Y/N) waited, losing hope as days passed by in a blur, the loss of her mother taking its toll on the younger girl.

But her luck changed when a family friend of her mothers heard the devastating news. She fought for custody of her God child, filling out mountains of paper work and using the rest of her money before she was finally granted custody.

Blake was a long time family friend, growing up with her mother and raising her as well. She'd lost her own family in the virus and couldn't lose her God child too.

(Y/N) cried when she saw Blake waiting for her outside of the adoption centre, running into her God mothers arms and hugging her with all she had left.

They cried together before Blake ushered the younger girl into the car and drove her back to her house so the teen could grab anything of meaning she wished to keep.

She grabbed pictures and clothes. Sliding her mothers wedding rings onto the chain her cross was currently on before clipping it around her neck again. She then gathered up all of the dog toys and remaining food before filling the car and going to her neighbours house.

She thanked the elderly couple she'd lived next door to, before they gave her back her dog they'd been taking care of.

The long legged dog barked from pure happiness when it's owner came into view, (Y/N) sitting on the floor and hugging her dog close as she cried. She was the last living thing she had from her mother.

 She was the last living thing she had from her mother