6

(Y/N) propped her bike up against the house in a rush before running to the backyard.

'No wolf yet,' she noted, unlocking the back door before going up to her room to get changed. She switched her tights for a pair of running shorts before pulling off her sweatshirt as she opted to stay in her sports bra.

Looking out her window as she threw the sweatshirt onto the bottom of her bed, (Y/N) watched as the brown wolf walked through the trees and waited next to the stairs for her.

She smiled at the sight of the gentle beast, grabbing her phone before running downstairs to greet the dog.

"Sup, wolfy!" She called, pulling the door closed behind her before jumping down the stairs and landing next to the wolf.

The wolf stood to greet her as well, brushing against the teens bare leg before starting towards the woods.

The girl smiled at the sight of the wolf before following its lead as they set off on their run.

They'd been running for roughly half an hour with no house in sight as the wheezing teen called for a time out. "Didn't I say half our run?" She asked, hunched over as she tried to calm her ragged breaths.

The wolf sat and waited patiently, a small wag in its tail as it watched her catch her breath.

"You think this is funny?" She asked, watching the gentle sway of the limb. The wolf let out a muffled bark, observing the human. (Y/N) laughed and smooshed the wolfs large cheeks together. "You're evil." She told the wolf before standing up to continue their run.

It seemed the wolf took their conversation in the woods as a hint to take the younger girl home instead of continuing the run. Arriving home ten minutes later much to the girls relief. "Thanks wolfy." (Y/N) told the brown wolf, getting them both water before sitting down.

The teen sat on the grass with a grunt, her limbs aching from the amount of exercise she'd been doing the last couple of days.

"I need to get you a name." She muttered, taking a sip of her water as she watched the wolf who was now lying down.

"Are you a boy or a girl?" She asked, curiosity getting the better of her as she tilted her head and leaned forward, try and get a better look.

The wolf barked at her, laying flatter to the ground at the prying eyes watching her.

Startled, (Y/N) sat up straight again before shaking her head. "Sorry," she muttered, drinking her water again as the wolf glared at her for a moment.

"Okay, you just tell me then. Boy? Or girl?" She asked, the wolf barking at the second option. "Girl... Okay, let's just pick a name for you then." She told her in thought.

"Hold up, let me google..." She muttered, pulling out her phone. She laughed slightly as Artemis was one of the first name suggestions. "That's my dogs name so we can't call you that." She told the wolf off-handedly as she petted its head.

"Hmm, how about Athena? No, okay how about Alaska? Umm, Anika?" The wolf repeatedly shook her head as (Y/N) read down the list. "Luna? Lupa..." She read, slightly frowning at the name before the wolf barked, standing up.

"Lupa, huh?" She asked the wolf, clicking the name and watching new information pop up about what it was associated with. "Lupa, can refer to a female wolf. The she-wolf is a part of the tale of Romulus and Remus and the symbol of Rome."

She muttered, looking back to the wolf who was watching her with it's tongue hung out the side of its mouth.

"What about Lulu for short?" She asked, running her fingers through the brown fur.