2

A week had past since Blake and (Y/N) had moved to Cypress Pines. A week of unpacking and snarky, self-deprecating remarks from the younger of the two and Blake had just about enough of it.

Since the beginning of the week, the teen had set up her record player in her room and was constantly playing different records, some on repeat for a day or two before moving on to the next.

She was currently blasting Billie Eillish though her speakers connected to the turn table. And Blake didn't mind the young artist, her daughters had loved the girl. But this was day two of the depressing music filling the house and Blake was trying to get ready for her new job.

"(Y/N) turn it down!" She called upstairs, sliding papers into her bag at the kitchen island. She waited a few minutes, getting no response before she sighed and made her way upstairs.

There (Y/N) laid sprawled out on the carpet of her room, the turn table slowly turning with the record blasting through the speakers. She shook her head at the girl before walking over to the speakers and turning it down.

"Hey!" (Y/N) yelled as she sat up, glaring at the older woman.

"Don't look at me like that, I've been asking you to turn it down for ten minutes, (Y/N)." Blake told her before walking back to the door. "I start work tomorrow, is there anything you need me to get at the shops for you before then?" She asked, now leaning on the door frame.

"Yeah, like that little grocery shop would have what I'd actually want." She said bitterly, looking at her lap as she picked at the carpet.

"Hey! Stop that, I've had enough of your victim attitude or whatever this is. The world fucked up, you lost your mom. I lost people too, but we can't just stop everything or else we'll get stuck. We need to keep living and move past it. I'm not saying get over it, it was your mom. You'll never fully get over it. But instead of letting this one thing make you, make it a part of you.

It sucks that we had to move out here away from our homes and what little friends and family we had left, but this is it for us kiddo. We're each others family, like it or not I'm your family.

So get up, stop dwelling on the bad, and go for a damn walk. School starts again in a few weeks, start planing your books or whatever. I seriously don't care what you do but stop taking it out on me, this isn't the way to cope and process." Blake told her before leaving her room and going back downstairs.

(Y/N) stared at the door where Blake had just been dumbfounded. She guessed she had been taking it out on Blake subconsciously. She hadn't meant to but she was the only person she had left.

Tears welled in her eyes before a sob left her mouth. Tears cascading down her cheeks that didn't want to stop. Hugging her legs to her chest the young girl cried openly into her knees, finally feeling the brunt of the pain she had been bottling up.

She came downstairs a few hours later with puffy eyes and a red nose. Blake looked up from her laptop and pouted at the girls appearance. "Come here, honey." she told her sympathetically while holding her arms out to embrace the girl.

Tears welled in the teens eyes again but she held them back as she hugged Blake tightly. "I'm sorry for my behaviour, Blake." She told the blonde.

"It's fine, honey. It was your way of processing and asking for help." Blake told her as she smoothed the girls hair down in their embrace.

A  few  minutes passed before the teen pulled away and wiped her cheeks of any tears that might have slipped out. "It's okay to be mad, right?" She whispered to her guardian.

"Of course it is. You just can't bottle it us and take it out on me as well. You need to put that anger into something useful, like art or a sport. We'll figure it out though." The blonde said as she consoled her.