19

(Y/N) and Lauren stood at the edge of the bon fire as Camila helped her younger cousins shift for the run. (Y/N) watched her mate with a smile, Camila talking to her cousins and laughing with them.

Camila clapped when her youngest cousin finally managed to shift before shifting with him and helping him as he steadied his feet.

"God, I want a baby," Lauren said next to her. "Look at her, she's so good with kids... I can't wait to have a family with her." She told her dreamily, looking at the poly with her siblings.

(Y/N) sighed as she nodded her head, "agreed." She replied, watching Camila play with the small wolves.

Soon a loud horn sounded over the training field, all the wolves perking up as (Y/N) looked around confused. "Come on, it's starting!" Lauren yelled, running over to her mate as the rest of the wolves ran past the human.

(Y/N) looked around trying to figure out what was happening, putting her drink down quickly as one of the wolves pushed her forward towards the girls. Turning around she found a smaller brown wolf pushing her calfs to keep her moving. "Sofi?" She asked.

The brown wolf barked before pushing her into Lauren and scampering off, standing next to her sister at the front of the pack.

Pushing the hair out of her face, (Y/N) watched Camila, the brown wolf turning to her for a second as they watched eachother for a moment.

Camila broke their staring contest, lifting her head and letting out a loud, echoing howl, the other wolves following their soon to be Alpha, and (Y/N) thought it was beautiful.

Once the howls settled down they were off, Lauren grabbing the humans wrist and pulling her into a run. It knocked (Y/N) out of her trance as she ran between the three 'wolves next to Lauren.

One by one, the wolves broke off, eventually leaving Lauren, Dinah and (Y/N) in the middle of the woods as they all went off to hunt.

The mated pair stopped in front of the human as they turned their heads towards something (Y/N) couldn't hear. She looked in the same direction straining her eyes to see what they could with no hope.

Quickly, Dinah set off with Lauren on her tail. "Lauren!" (Y/N) yelled after them, attempting to follow them with no hope.

She huffed in defeat after a minute of running, the pair out of site as she looked around the woods surrounding her.

She couldn't remember what way was which at night. Camila had tried to teach her how to read the land but day and night were different.

"Dammit!" She yelled frustratedly, sitting against a tree.

Every now and then she would see a wolf run by her or hear the racing foot steps in the distance as she sat their waiting for someone to find her. But soon, the human grew impatient and stood up, dusting her legs off before setting off in the direction she thought was right.

Before long the girl could no longer hear the wolves racing foot steps and was growing worried. It had been a good five minutes since she saw a wolf and she was skeptic that this was the right direction.

She turned around, walking backwards as she scanning the trees. Quickly turning her head, she thought she saw something out of the corner of her eye. "Camila?" She yelled, the silence of the woods getting eerier and eerier as the seconds past.

(Y/N) huffed again before turning around to keep walking, tripping over a rock and landing in a small stream.

The water was freezing as (Y/N) opened her mouth in shock, slowing getting up and out of the water as she processed what had just happened.