12

True to her word, (Y/N) went running the next afternoon, joined by Camila a few minutes into the run down the worn-down path. The pair jogged in silence, Camila glancing at her every now and then as her hair fell out of her ponytail and into her eyes.

Perhaps she should've joined her in her wolf form, but she thought that the pair might talk along the way. (Y/N) usually talked to 'Lupa', but then again, that was before she knew it was actually Camila.

Stopping halfway in the clearing they first met, (Y/N) huffed out of breath as Camila observed the woods around them, breathing in the fresh air and smell of her mate.

"I didn't know if I should have expected you or a wolf." (Y/N) confessed, looking over to the brunette who smirked at her.

"What would you have preferred?" Camila questioned, listening to the human's heartbeat thump as they talked.

"It's still you, so I don't think I would have minded either way." She told the Latina. Camila smiling as her heartbeat stayed at the same pace throughout the sentence.

"Ugh, I don't wanna run back to the house. Carry me, Mimi!" (Y/N) whined, trudging over to Camila and throwing her arms around her in a lazy hug.

Camila chucked at the girl, wrapping her arms around her waist and nuzzling her nose into her (Y/H/C) hair. Leaving a kiss against her temple, Camila pulled away causing the teen to whine again with a pout. "You've run longer than this. I know you can do it." Camila told her.

"Yeah but that was last week! Before you went all kill mode on that crazy wolf! I haven't run since then." (Y/N) told her with a huff.

Camila chucked before leaning against a tree. "That wolf is what we call a rouge. They're the equivalent of a rabid dog essentially. It wondered into our borders and we ran into its path as it was hunting. It's gone now though." Camila told her, pushing off the tree as she wondered closer to the human.

"Gone as in dead?" (Y/N) wondered. Camila nodding her head instead of verbally confirming her suspicions.

(Y/N) cleared her throat awkwardly, "cool beans." She told Camila, the other girl bursting out in laughter once the words left the humans lips.

"Cool beans?" Camila asked.

"Shut up..." (Y/N) mumbled, kicking a stray rock into the woods.

"Come on, you nut." Camila teased, setting off on the jog back to the girl's house.

Same as yesterday, (Y/N) bid her goodbyes with a kiss to the corner of Camila's lips before going back inside. The girls meeting the next day for a run and (Y/N) telling Camila goodbye the same way again.

It seemed like a new system was in order.

At school on Monday, (Y/N) happily walked into her first class with Sabrina, the two girls sitting next to each other as Sabrina told (Y/N) about her weekend.

Mid conversation, Camila took the seat on the other side and (Y/N) with a smirk on her face, "hello." She greeted the two girls, (Y/N) smiling back at Camila shyly before murmuring a 'hi' in return while Sabrina sat there in shock.

"Hello me?" She asked, pointing at herself.

Camila chuckled slightly, nodding her head as she watched the blue eyes girl struggle for a reply. "Hi, hey. Umm, I'm Sabrina..." She stumbled out.

"Lovely to meet you Sabrina, any friend of (Y/N)s is a friend of mine." She told the pair before turning in her seat as the teacher entered the classroom.