Chapter 7

Jennie’s POV

I am currently at the hospital for check-up with Jisoo unnie. It’s been a week since I found out that I’m pregnant and I still didn’t tell my parents until now. I’m scared of them. I know they will be disappointed with me.

“Congratulations. You’re pregnant. You are having quadruplets. Wow.” The doctor shakes my hand. I can’t believe what I heard. Quadruplets? Four…four babies? I’m having four babies? At the age of seventeen? This must be a dream. I want to wake up. I stand up. I’m having a headache. It hurts so badly. Then suddenly, all I see is black.

----

When I wake up, I can see my parents, Jisoo unnie and her parents at the room. My parents are crying, specially my mother. I guess they already know. I don’t want to see their disappointed faces though.

“Who’s the father Jennie Ruby Jane?” my father asks me. I can tell he’s already mad because he’s calling my whole name.

“Lisa. Her name is Lisa. She’s a girl Pa, an intersex. We just did it once. Promise. I’m so sorry.” I cried at them hoping they will forgive me. Then my mother fainted. I guess we’re a family who loves fainting.

----

I can tell my parents are still mad at me but I know they still cared. They keep saying at me to eat healthy foods and telling me what foods I should avoid. My mother is always giving me advise of what should I do during pregnancy. I also read some tips in the internet. They take care of me more. I can feel that they’re also excited for my four babies.

I’ve been looking for Lisa for months now but I still didn’t find her. I still go to Jisoo’s bar hoping that I can see her again but I didn’t. Jisoo unnie and her parents already help me to find her in Seoul but they still can’t find her. I’m so devastated. Regrets are all that I’m feeling this time. I should’ve asked her about her name. I should’ve asked her where she lived.

“You’re really stupid Jen.” I muttered under my breath. I’m currently lying on my bed. Still can’t sleep. How can I sleep when I still can’t find Lisa. My Lisa.

Maybe this is a sign. Maybe this is the universe way of telling me that we’re not meant to be. That I should be raising my four babies alone. I have my best friend and my parents with me after all. I will also try best just to raise them properly. That's right. I should stop looking for her. If I found her again, then that’s good. But if not, then I should not force myself. I should start focusing with my babies now. They’re the love of my life. My four babies, I’m so excited to see you all.