Chapter 32

Jennie’s POV

Lisa immediately booked a flight that day. I want to come with her to Thailand but she didn’t let me. She said that I should look for the kids here. So I let her. But now, I don’t know if I did the right decision that I just let her go back to Thailand by herself.

She said she will contact me once she arrived but it’s been 3 weeks and I didn’t hear any single word from her. I’ve been trying to reach her but she didn’t reply to my texts and calls. I tried to research what really happen to her parents in the internet but I only found out that they had a car accident while they’re on their way to the hospital and that’s it. Her parents’ funeral is private and I only seen a few footage of Lisa during her arrival to Thailand. But I’ve heard that seven days is the normal wake period there in Thailand and it’s been 3 weeks and Lisa hasn’t contacted me yet.

I know she’s grieving right now and it’s really hard losing both of your parents. I can’t even imagine myself if one day I will receive a call that your parents are gone. So I understand her. Really. But it’s been already weeks and I think I will lose my mind. I want to be with her. I want to be by her side during this time. I want her to know that I always be there for her. That we’re here and she’s not alone during this time.

I didn’t ask help for my parents to take care of the kids. We’re still at our home. Jisoo unnie sometimes came here and help me baby-sitting the kids. She’s the first one to know what happen to Lisa’s parents and I’m grateful that she’s here helping us. I even ask for Rosie’s number from her but I can’t reach her either. But I won’t stop until I hear anything from them.

It’s 2am already and I still can’t sleep. I haven’t had enough sleep since Lisa is away. How can I sleep when I know she’s suffering alone?

I pick up my phone and call Lisa again. I’ve been calling her every hour in a day hoping that she will pick up but she didn’t. I try to dial Rosie’s number. If I still can’t contact them. I will follow them to Thailand now. I will just let my parents take care of the kids for a meanwhile. I should’ve done this weeks ago.

“Hello? Who’s this?” Rosie answers the phone. Oh my god. I suddenly get up from the bed. She finally picks up her phone.

“Rosie? It’s me, Jennie.” I said to her.

“What? Wait I can’t hear you. I will just find a silent place.” She said. I can hear loud music at the background.

“Who’s this again?” She asks. I can finally hear her clearly.

“It’s me Jennie, Rosie. I can’t contact Lisa for 3 weeks now. So I try to call you instead. Thank god, you finally answer.” I said. I’m in the verge of crying now.

“Oh. I’m sorry Jennie. I just got back my phone. I totally misplaced it and I just found it today.” She said.

“How’s Lisa? Can I talk to her please?” I plead. I miss her so much. I need to hear her voice.

“She’s not doing good Jen. She’s not taking this so well.”

“I’ll go there Rosie. I want to be by her side. I need to help her.” I told her.

“Don’t worry Jen. I’m here. Let her mourn first. Lisa will go back there soon okay…Ohh I gotta go Jen. Someone’s looking for me. I’ll call you again.” She said and then ended the call. I still have a lot to ask from her. Why is she in a hurry? I didn’t even have a chance in asking why Lisa is not answering my call. It seems like she didn’t want to talk to me.

At least I already hear something from them. I think Rosie is right. I should let her mourn first. I will just wait for her until she comes back here in Korea.

I look around the room. I miss seeing Lisa here. Every corner of the room reminds me of her.

Then I saw the drawer beside our bed. I remember Lisa told me that she has something for me and she’s about to get something before she received a call that day.

I go to the drawer and open it and then I find a box there. When I open it, there is a ring inside. Is this for me? Is this the one she’s talking about?

“This is beautiful.” I uttered under my breath while I touch to ring.

I took the ring from the box and I just put it in my necklace. I want her to be the one who will put it in my finger. I know I’m not even sure if this is for me but I just miss her so much. I need to wear this. I feel like if I’m wearing this, it’s like she’s just around me.

I miss you Lisayah.