Chapter 35

Lisa’s POV

“Ouch.” My head is pounding like crazy right now. I feel like I hit my head somewhere. It hurts like shit. I don’t even know what time is it already. Fuck this hangover. This is killing me.

I usually woke up like this every day since my parents died a month ago. I ended up being drunk every night because I can’t sleep. I needed this. Alcohol is both my pain reliever and sleeping pill now.

I needed to work my ass off every day just to divert my attention. I can’t accept that my parents are already gone. I just can’t. I feel like I’m still dreaming and I want to wake up. It hurts so much when you know that you’re parents are gone and you’re miles away from them.

So I started drinking when I go back to Thailand. Rosie is there with me every day. She’s trying to help me but it’s still hard. I miss them so much.

The last time I saw them, I stayed in Thailand for just a week because I want to go back to Korea quickly that time. I should have stayed longer there. I should’ve had a family time with them there if I know that it would be our last time meeting.

I get up to my bed and notice that I’m not wearing the clothes that I wore yesterday. Maybe Jennie changed my clothes again. This is my new morning routine for about a week now.

My stomach is growling already. I’m so hungry. I need some food to eat.

I quickly go downstairs and I found nothing on the kitchen. Usually when I get up, there is already food prepared at the table. So I look something at the fridge and reheat the food.

After I finish eating, I notice that the house is so silent. At this time around, I usually heard the kids giggling while they’re playing at the living room. Where are them?

I look for them everywhere but I didn’t find them. I go check them at their room and I found no one there also. Jennie is not even there.

And then when I check their closet, that’s when I notice that half of their clothes are gone. They just left the clothes that I bought for them last month.

They left.

They already left.

Fuck.

I hurriedly go to my room to get my phone. I need to call Jennie. What the fuck did I do? I messed up so bad. They’re my only family left now and I fucked it up. My heart is beating fastly right now. I’m nervous. I’m so scared. What if they left me for good? What the fuck did you do Manoban?

When I arrive at my room, I can’t find my phone.

“Damn it. Where did I put it?” I’m panicking right now. I didn’t even know when was the last time I used it. I think I lost it when I was in Thailand. Shit. I really need it now.

Gosh. I think I should go to Jennie’s house now. I need to talk to her.

I’m about to get my keys of my car when I notice a paper at the table. Then beside it is a ring. I remember that ring. I was about to give it to Jennie before I received a call from Rosie. That was supposed to be a happy day for us. I’m about to confess to her that I like her that day. Dammit.

I immediately open the letter and sit at my bed. My hands are shaking while reading the letter.

My Dearest Lisa,

I don’t know why I called you my when you’re not mine. I’m so funny sometimes right? I just want to say that we already left the house earlier. I didn’t even know if you will notice it because you’re always in your room, drinking alcohol or you’re in your office, working all day.

I know that you always forget what happen to you when you’re drunk and you’re probably wondering why we left. So I will tell you. I don’t want you to force your brain to remember something. That will probably cause another problem and I’m afraid if you will start blaming me again.

You told me yesterday that we’re not in a relationship so I should not told you what to do with your life Lisa, but I just can’t help it because I really care for you. Not just because you’re the baby daddy of my kids, but because I like you as a person. Always remember that I’m always here for you okay? So please don’t deal your problems on your own if it’s too hard for you. You can ask help from us. You can always count on me.

You also told me how your life changed when you meet us. You know I didn’t force you to take a responsibility of the kids Lisa. You know that. You should’ve told me in the first place if you don’t like having the kids. I won’t force you. I can handle them. I just really want to tell you about them. Now, I think I started to regret telling you about them. I should’ve kept them to myself forever.

Now, if ever you like to visit the kids, they are just at our house. I won’t stop you from having visiting rights. You’re always welcome at the house. But if you decide that you won’t see them anymore. It’s okay. I understand Lisa. Really.

I want you to be happy and if your happiness is in Thailand, then I won’t hold you. Just go back to Thailand, Lisa. Don’t worry about the kids. I can raise them alone.

And if you’re scared if we will follow you to Thailand and ask any rights for them, don’t worry. We won’t bother you anymore. I promise.

~Jennie