Chapter 39

Lisa’s POV

Jennie didn’t notice me. I’m just drinking at the corner while looking at her. There are times when she’s working and when she didn’t have anything to do, she will go back to the guy again and talk to him.

I didn’t know how many bottles I drink tonight. When I feel like I’m already intoxicated and have a confidence already, I decided to approach her.

“Princesssssss.” I call her. She looked at me with her wide eyes. She’s still talking with the guy again.

“Lisa? What are you doing here? I thought you’re going to look for the kids tonight.” She told me.

“Ohhhhh your mother said that she will look for the kids for me. So I went here to pick you up.” I said while smiling at her.

“Is this your boyfriend princess? You look so good together. I hope he’s not going to hurt you like I did right?” I told her while glaring at the guy. I notice that he looks so good but I’m still the hottest.

I don’t know why I’m doing this. I guess it’s the alcohol. Right. I’ll just blame this to the alcohol.

“What are you talking about Lisa? He’s just-”

“Hiiii. I’m Lisa Manoban.” I said to the guy and shake his hands.

He’s about to introduce himself but I cut him. I don’t want to know his name and hear his voice. I just don’t like it.

“I’m Jennie’s baby daddy. We have four kids and they are all sooooo cute especially my baby Leo. He’s already slim right now but I will make him big again because I like his mandu cheeks just like his Mommy. But in my eyes, Jennie is the cutest. I love them so much.” I told him.

“You see that girl? That’s my princess. But I guess she’s not mine now. You’re so lucky to have her. I envy you. ” I said to him while pointing my finger to Jennie. I smile at her but my tears are starting to fall on my cheeks.

“Please take care of her. Please don’t hurt her okay? I don’t want my princess to cry.” I said while sobbing. I started to cry harder now. I know that a lot of people are looking at us now. I don’t care though.

“Stand up Lisa.” Jennie said then she starts dragging me now.

She found my car at the parking lot and make me sit at the front seat.

“What are you doing Lisa? I thought you won’t drink again.” She starts to raise her voice now. I can tell that she’s very disappointed at me again.

“I’m sorry Jennie. I’m just celebrating your lovelife.”

“Fuck it Lisa. He’s not my boyfriend okay. He’s JB. He’s my classmate in highschool. I just saw him again tonight. We just talked. Okay?” She told me.

I feel like I sober up when I hear her say that. Oh my god. He’s not her boyfriend. I still have a chance.

“Really? You’re not in a relationship?” I ask her making sure that I heard her correctly.

“I’m not. I’m single. Okay?” She said. Then I smile so widely.

“Why are you acting so weird at the bar Lisa? Are you jealous?” She teased me.

“Of course I’m jealous. I thought I’ll lose you forever. I'm so scared.” I told her.

“Why are you scared then?” She’s raising her eyebrows.

“Because I like you Jennie. No. Scratch it. I love you Jennie. I love everything about you. I love you so much.” I confess to her.

There. I already said it.

But she didn’t say anything. I know she’s really shock right now.

“Hey, say something please.” I say to her. This is my first time confessing to someone and it will be so embarrassing if she will reject me tonight. Not just embarrassing but it will hurt so much.

“I...I don’t know what to say.” She said while looking at the ground. She can’t even look at me.

I guess she didn’t love me back. It’s okay Lisa. You'll be okay.

“No. It’s okay Jennie. I get it. It’s okay. Let’s get you home.” I said while looking outside the window. I’m stopping myself from crying again. I can't even remember how many times I cried these past few weeks.

It’s been a minute but Jennie is still not starting to drive the car.

“I love you too Lisa.” Jennie suddenly spoke.

“What?” I ask in disbelief and look at Jennie.

“I said I love you too.”

----

I don't like angst 😂 Tigilan na natin yan. Gusto ko happy lang. 😂

4 chapters for tonight. I miss you all.