o n e

The bell rang signaling the end of classes. 'Ugh, finally!' I thought to myself while gathering everything at my table and stuffing it all in my backpack.

"Hey, wanna hang out? My mom's out of town so..." Bea, one of my closest friend from school, asked me.

"Oh, I can't today. There's this really important thing that I cannot miss. Sorry." I answered her, there was actually something important I couldn't miss no matter what, Charli was coming back!

Me and Charli have been best friends for as long as I could remember, we used to spend all of our time together. We even decided to do tiktok together, although she blew up like A LOT and me, well, I hit a million followers yesterday so I'm doing not so bad.

I rushed out of the classroom as fast as I could and ran the parking lot, then proceeded to drive home.

__________________

"I'm back!" I shouted as I opened the front door of our house, only to be greeted by absolute silence. I mean, what was I even expecting?

My parents got divorced when I was 7 and my mother got custody as well as the house. But since she was a single mother, she had to start working and of course that meant leaving me alone most of the time. I was around 9 when Charli and her family moved next door. And ever since the day we met we had been inseparable. But lately since she blew up on tiktok she had been very busy and spent all her time at LA.

I dropped all my belongings at my bed and rushed next door.

__________________

"Hey, Kyla." Heidi, Charli's mom, greeted me. The grin on my face grew, "Hi! Is Charli in?" Just as I finished asking my question, Charli's face suddenly came into view. I jumped at her and hugged her really tightly.

"I'm guessing you missed me, huh?" Charli joked, smiling with her eyes squinted.

We ended up talking about everything that had happened to her in LA. About the hype house, about the thing with Chase Hudson, and how Anthony is talking to one of her new best friend, Avani.

Charli, Anthony and I were very close to each other and we lived in the same neighbourhood. Me and Charli were in 8th grade when we met Anthony, who was at that time a freshmen in high school. We even decided to go to the same high school as Anthony just so we could spend more time together. But when we were a Sophomore and Anthony was a Junior, Charli started to develop feelings for Anthony, feelings of more than friendship and I guess so did Anthony. They were at that awkward in between stage of being official and being friends. They spent a lot of time together but still included me in most of them. And all of a sudden, they stopped. They never ended up telling me what happened between them but I respected their decision after all, it was their lives.

"I'm guessing by your reaction, you already knew about Anthony and Avani." Charli said as she finished telling me about Anthony and Avani, to which I answered by a slow nod. "Enough about me, what about you? Any news?" She said trying to lighten up the mood.

I smiled at her, seeing how hard she is trying. "Well, school has been fine. But recently Mom has been trying to convince me to start online schooling instead. And well, I don't know what to do about that. But it's summer vacation right now. So, I'll think about that much later on." I laughed but deep inside I was so conflicted. "And also, Anthony visited me a few days ago." I looked up to Charli's reaction. She was trying to keep a straight face but I know that up until now, she still gets frozen every time she heard Anthony's name.

"Ah, so that's how you knew about Avani." She said as realization dawned to her. "Yeah, and uh, he told me he and a bunch of his friends were starting and renting  a house together. And well, he kinda invited me to it." I said, for a couple of seconds Charli's face was absolutely blank, then suddenly a smile started to form, "Your moving to LA!?" She screamed as happiness contoured her face and completely smashed me in a very tight hug.

I was frozen for a few seconds, wondering how she got to that conclusion but I started to hug her back. "I'm still not completely sure though, you know with mom and stuff here." I said sadly.

"Well, how about this. We go to LA and see how you like it there. Then you decide what you want to do. It's summertime, let's live it up a little!" She said still smiling so brightly.

"Fine," I said knowing there's no way out of this, because once Charli's mind is made up she won't take no for an answer. "Okay, Let's go to LA." I said.