t w e n t y - f o u r

We have now arrived in Hawaii and so far things are looking good. Although Avani and Anthony haven't made much progress and the tension in the room is quite heavy but at least things didn't get worse.

We rented a Airbnb that can fit the ten of us. Me, Charli, Chase, Kio, Avani, Anthony, Addison, Bryce, Mads, and Jaden. Although the airbnb only had two rooms so it was decided to use the one in the first floor for the boys and the room in the second floor was for the girls.

"Yes mom... I'll be safe, and make sure not to go too far away from the others... yeah, I'll go back afterwards. Yes, I promise... Okay, bye. Love you too." I talked to my mom on the phone.

The plan was we are spending the time   here in Hawaii for the last 10 days of me staying with them, then I'll go back to my hometown since summer is almost ending. And once I go back, I'll have to face reality again, Senior Year.

I clear my mind from worrying and go downstairs, to the kitchen. To my surprise, I found Avani and Anthony at the counter, talking.

I didn't wanna ruin the moment so I tried to go back upstairs but of course, me being clumsy, I accidentally stubbed my little toe at a wooden table making me cry in pain. The both turned to heads towards me at the same time.

"Hi." I waved at the awkwardly while my other hand holds my feet.

"You scared us." Avani says moving towards me and helping me sit next to them at the counter.

"Well, I kinda didn't want to interrupt you guys." I bit my lip, embarrassed.

Anthony looks at me and from the look on his face, I know for sure his trying his hardest not to burst into laughter. I gave him a death stare and he shrugged his shoulders at me.

"So..." I started, "What's up with you guys?"

"We, um, finally talked and, um..." Avani mumbles on, "I may have overreacted a little. And I'm sorry for putting you in the middle."

"No no, I get where you're coming from. I mean, I would be pretty annoyed to if I found out my boyfriend and one of my best friends used to go out." I said defending her, which resulted to Anthony giving me a not-helping-look.

"I should just let you guys finish talking." I said finally making my exit.

________________

"Kio, what is this?" I asked. It all started two hours ago when Kio said he had to buy something, I asked him if I could go with him since his been acting suspicious the whole day but he declined my offer. Minutes passed by quickly and he got back. He pulled me outside and said he 'wants to show me something' he then proceeded to use his bandana and blindfolded me, then helped me walked towards his car.

And presently, he is still driving. "You know you could've just put on the blindfold when we get there." I said to him.

"I know, but it might ruin the surprise plus it gives more of a mystery vibe this way. And don't worry I'm not gonna bring you to the woods and murder you there or anything."

"Wow, I wasn't thinking that before but now that is all I can think about."

He laughs and I imagine his eyes crinkling and the dimples on his cheeks. His laughter are music to my ears as cliché and stupid that may sound but I love to see him smile.

"We're here." He helped me get out of the car and we took a few steps.

He slowly unties the bandana on my eyes and I let my eyes adjust to the scene in front of me.

The sun was almost completely down, and there was no one around us. Candles were leading the way towards a makeshift tent in the middle of the park with fairy lights surrounding it. Inside the tent were a bunch of pillows and food.

"Surprise

"Surprise." He says behind me. I try to suppress my tears and hugged him. I caught him off guard because he tumbled a little bit but gained his balance after a split second. He hugs me back, "Thank you." I say to him.

I have never experienced something like this before and my heart was tumbling with joy.

________________

We spent the entire night there, almost until midnight– that was when we realized how late it was. He bought his laptop with him too, so ended up watching a bunch of movies. It was honestly so sweet, and I realized once again just how lucky I am to be able to call him mine.