f o r t y - f o u r

I've been home for about two days now and Kio still haven't responded to my texts to him. I've thought about giving up and just watch how/what will happen but I can't. He's been a big part of my life in just about 2 months, even I can't believe how reliant I was with him and how much I like him that I literally cannot breathe without him next to me.

Tonight was the night, the dreaded night that I have to decide what I'm gonna do for my future whether it will be college or something else. And I have thought it through and I wanna move to LA, but I'm not quite sure if my mom will support that idea.

I slowly walk down the stairs, trying to take my time as slow as possible.

"Need help?" I ask my mother from the doorway to the kitchen, she was pulling out the lasagna from the oven.

"Sure, can you please set the table?"

I went through the cabinets getting the plates and utensils, then quickly set it up at our small little dinning table.

________________

"Are you sure?" Was the only thing Mom managed to say after I told her my decision.

I nodded slowly. She sighed, "You know, I don't wanna be that parent that won't let their children make their own decisions. And, well, as much as I would hate your decision but if that's what you want then, I'll let you."

A smile slowly creeps into my face, "Yes! Thank you! Thank you Mom!" I stood up and hugged her.

________________