t h i r t y - s i x

It's already around 11pm when we got home from partying with other people and everyone is so close to passing out already. The entire day Kio didn't talk to me for some reason and at first I thought it was because he wanted me to spend time with the girls since I'll be leaving in a couple of hours (partying the night before your flight probably not the best idea), but as the day went by he didn't even looked at my direction.

Everyone was going back to their rooms but Kio stayed in the living room.

"Aren't you going in?" Charli asks me as she enters the bedroom.

"No, I'll stay up for a little while."

"Okay, just be sure to get some sleep, after all you have a early flight tomorrow."

I smiled at her and made my way towards the living room.

"Hey." I greet at Kio making him jump a little.

"You scared me." He says with laugh, this'll probably be last time I'll be around him for quite a while. Although I'll be going back in a couple of hours, I'm still not completely sure on what I'll do or what will happen to us.

He pats an area next to him, signalling for me to sit down. I sat next to him following his order.

"You've been ignoring me." I say straight to the point.

"Well, you're not telling me something." He snaps back.

"What?"

"You're hiding something from me."

"What makes you say that?" I ask in confusion.

"Look just tell me, okay? I won't get mad."

"Tell you what?" At this point I'm starting to get annoyed at his vagueness.

"Tell me what happened last night. In the kitchen, with you and Anthony."

With me and Anthony? Oh crap, how did he knew?

"So are you just gonna stare at me?"

"H-how did you know?"

"Is that what matters to you? Seriously? 'How did I know?'" He stood up, his voice was starting to raise, "Just- why didn't you tell me?"

I scoff, "Why didn't I tell you? Well, I didn't know that I had to tell you every single thing in my life, that I had to report to you. For God's sake that was in the past, it's so not as if telling you would make a huge difference. That tell you would suddenly just erase the memories and the feelings!" My voice started to raise but not too loud to wake up the whole house.

He looks at me confused, "I'm your boyfriend. Don't you think that being your boyfriend I would have the right to know these things. Anthony is one of my best friends, heck, he's probably the only person in the sway house that I would consider my friend!"

"Exactly! He's your fucking friend and I don't wanna be that girl that breaks friendships and ruins peoples lives because of some stupid stuff from the past. I don't want to get in between you and Anthony, don't you see that? And for God's sake Kio, I'm gonna leave in a couple of hours do you seriously want our last memories together be us fighting?"

"Well, it's a good thing you're leaving then." He says coldly and makes his way to the boys bedroom leaving me alone in the living room. Tears of disbelief started to form in my eyes.

________________

I wasn't sure how long I stayed in the living room, a minute, an hour or two.

"Hi." Someone says by the doorway.

I look at her, it was Mads. I quickly wiped my tears with my hands and put on a fake smile.

"You don't have to pretend, I heard you guys."

"Sorry." It was all I could manage to say.

She sits next to me and puts my head on her shoulders.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

I slowly shake my head no. I didn't wanna talk about it because talking about it made it feel real, that Kio would actually say those words and that he doesn't trusts me enough to listen to me.

"It's okay." She comforts me while tapping my head lightly.

So much for a good ending for my stay here.