t h i r t y - t w o

Anthony, Charli, and I ended up talking almost throughout the entire night. It was already around 2am when we decided to call it a night.

We talked all about our pre-teen days, reminiscing and missing being that young, and also realizing how stupid we were back then.

I ready to go to bed when someone knocked on our door. Since everyone else was already sleeping, I slowly opened the door careful enough to not wake anyone up.

It was Anthony.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"Uhm, can we talk... alone."

"Sure."

He led the way towards the living room and sat on one of the couches, I followed suit and sat next to him.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I sat.

"I don't really know how to say this... but I know that if I don't say it I'll end up regretting it," he mumbles, my heart started racing I was nervous and scared about what he'll say.

"So, remember how Charli and I just suddenly stopped talking... and how we never told you the truth behind that," he takes a deep breath, "I liked you, not her."

He's words kept on echoing in my head. I liked you, not her. I liked you. I liked you...

"Wh-what are you saying Ant? This isn't funny."

"I'm not joking, I swear to God. It's just, I realised it too late. Whenever I was with her, my mind kept on wondering where you were, how you were, what you were doing. And every time I kissed her, I unknowingly wished it was you, not her."

"Why are you telling me this?" I felt annoyed, confused and somehow glad at the same time.

I never told anyone, but deep inside my heart Anthony was my first love. I buried it deep inside me because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. And when he and Charli started spending more time together, I eventually forced myself to give up and just accept the fact that Anthony will always be just my friend.

"I thought I heard voices." Someone says, scaring the both of us. I immediately turned to see who it was. Avani.

"What? Am I interrupting something?"

I stood up and run towards the bathroom. I can't look at her and tell her that nothing was going on, Avani is a very special friend to me.

________________