f o r t y - s e v e n

I have been at LA for almost a week now. Emma and I decided to live together so we share a rented apartment together.

"Emma! We're all out of milk!" I shout at her to wherever she was at the apartment. I was trying to make a bowl of cereal but once I opened the fridge, the only thing left is the milk carton.

I ran up to her bedroom and knocked.

"Hey, I'll run down to the supermarket, anything you need?" I ask her when she finally opened her door.

"Oh, I'll go with you. I also need to vlog something."

"Cool, let's go."

________________

"Guys, I ask her to do something crazy and she sprays air freshener on her mouth!" Emma talks to her camera, laughing at what I had done a couple of seconds ago.

We were definitely making too much noise because almost everyone was staring at us. I pull her down to one of the aisles to quite her down but I ended up joining her laughter instead. We were laughing too hard that I was literally crouching on the floor while holding on my stomach.

"Kyla?" I hear someone say making me stop my laughing explosion. I look up to the voice and it was Josh and Bryce looking down at me like some crazy person.

I quickly stood up, fixing myself a little bit.

"Hi..." i said to them trying and failing not to be awkward.

"What else do we need again?" A voice says from behind them. The voice that made my heart flutter every time I heard it, the voice that used to soothe and help me fall asleep. Kio pops out from the other aisle and was now standing next to Josh.

He has his attention all to the bottle of honey on his hands and has no clue of my presence whatsoever.

"What's wron–" He fails to continue his sentence when our eyes met.

Oh, how much I missed looking into his eyes.

Bryce clears his throat, making me break away from the eye contact that almost seemed like a staring contest between two people.

"How long have you been back at LA?" Bryce asks.

"About a week now, I guess."

"And you never planned to tell us!" Bryce says playing hurt, completely exaggerating once again.

I laugh a little.

"Didn't Anthony told you?"

"Yep."

"Nope."

Bryce and Josh answers differently. Causing Bryce to look at Josh half glaringly.

I look back at Kio, he still hasn't uttered a single word to me yet.

"Hey." I say trying to break off the tension between the two of us.

We never got to talk after that night at Hawaii. But Charli has been updating me with what's happening to them while I was away.

"Hi." He answers back to me, slowly.

Bryce and Josh looks back and forth between me and Kio.

"Okay, you both need to talk." Bryce says for the both of us. And he then proceeds to push me and Kio away them and towards another aisle.

"What about Emma!" I say trying to resist and get away from his hold of me but also at the same time not.

"We'll keep her company!" Josh answers back.

I look back for a quick second and see that he and Emma already started a conversation and are laughing.

"Okay, talk!" Bryce points his finger on me and Kio then makes an 'i'm watching you' sign on us.

I sighed. "I guess we have to talk huh?"

"Guess so. How have you been?" He asks me while looking at every where else but me.

"Really? How have I been? Well let me tell you one thing since you never really replied to ANY of my texts, shitty." I sarcastically answered him, while crossing my arms trying to pretend it was a shield that would hide how much I've missed him.

"I'm sorry. I really am. It's just, I didn't want to text you back while my opinion was clouded with anger. But I guess it took me quite a while to realize that I had over reacted and once I did realize that I was too prideful to admit it." He says finally looking at my eyes.

We were quite for a while then. I don't exactly know what to say after that. Because, yes I miss him and yes I would take him back if he asked me to. But that's the thing he never asked me to take him back, he doesn't want us to get back together. He stayed quite and so did I.

"So what happens now?" I ask even though I didn't want to.

He shrugs his shoulders at me, sadness was evident on his eyes.

"Friends?" I ask once again. To be honest I didn't want to cut ties with him, and if being friends is what he could give me then I'll be satisfied with that, I'll be happy with that.

He slowly smiles, "Friends." He steps forward and hugs me.

"So, this is it."

I flash him a smile, "Bye, Kio." I backed away from him and slowly walked back to where Emma was, trying my best not to look back at him because I know when I do I might end up bawling my eyes off in front of him.

"Got what you need?" I ask her when I was close enough to them. She nods at me.

I look back at Bryce and Josh and gave them a smile as best as I could, "I'll see you guys, I promise!"

They smiled and waved at us as we walked away.

So, that was it.