f i f t y - t h r e e

"Can you just tell me where we're going please?" I beg Quinton for the hundredth time.

"Nope, but we're close." He says. I decided to just let him drive and sit quietly.

"We're here!" He beams and smile so widely at me making me smile in return. He turns off the engine and gets out the car, I was about to open the door when he opens it first for me. I look at him confused but he still has the massive smile on his face so I decided to brush it off and get out.

The scenery in front of me completely blew me away. It was a full view of the city with it's shimmering lights and the stars in the night sky lightening up in my eyes.

"Wow."

"I know!" He says behind me, taking off his jean jacket and placing it on the grass then sitting on it. He pats the small spot beside him and I sat next to him.

"I haven't been in LA for a long time and this is, this is just wow." I honestly have no words whatsoever.

I slowly let my head lean on his shoulder.
The combination of the sight in front of me and the calming breath of Quinton soothed my worries and took away my sadness.

I sigh, "This has been quite a day."

He nods in agreement and once again we were in silence. It was the comforting type of silence, the one that you don't have to say anything and still are able to understand what the other is feeling.

"So how'd you find this place?"

"I was driving around one night and I just so happen to stumble upon here."

I nod in reply, I wasn't in the mood to have any conversation.

________________

We were there for almost an hour and a half when Emma texted me asking where I was and that she's worried about me. I replied saying that I'm fine and I was about to go back to the house.

________________

"Ready?" Quinton asks when we arrived back to the house.

"Yep." I answer and got out of the car and made our way to the house.

The house was almost completely empty and it was a mess.

"It's gonna be hell trying to clean this place up." I whispered mainly to myself.

Everyone was once again at the kitchen but this time it was only them— the sway house boys, their girlfriends, Charli, Emma and Addison.

"What were you guys doing?" Jaden asks wriggling his eyebrows, obviously teasing us.

"We went to buy food," Quinton answers, it wasn't a complete lie though we did get food but we ended up eating it in the car, "But we ate it already."

Hearing it out loud it did seem like a lie since almost everyone's faces said 'yeah-right-you-got-food-as-if'.

I shook my head at their antics and made my way towards Emma and Charli then sat at the counter. Quinton made his way to where Bryce and Griffin was.

Emma and Charli gave me a look.

"What?" I asked completely confused. "Nothing happened, okay. Honestly!" I said putting both my hands up as a sign of surrender.

________________

It was already around 3am when everyone except us have left.

We were now at the living room watching some random movie that no one was paying attention to.

Kio then suddenly stood up from where he sat across from me. Addison followed right after him, they both made their way upstairs.

I tried not to pay attention to them or at least make it seem like I didn't care, instead I took out my phone and snapped a random photo of me and Emma then posted it on my story.

________________

kyla.hampton instagram story

hampton instagram story

________________

Minutes passed by and we heard shouting coming from upstairs, followed by a very angry Addison making her way downstairs with loud thuds. She looks our way, no more specifically, she looks at me.

"Well, you must be very happy with what you did?!" She shouts at me and goes out the front door. We then heard engine turning on and her car backing out the driveway.

Okay, whatever that means.

Everyone was confused with what happened but decided to brush it off instead and go to bed. Emma and I decided to stay over and sleep in my 'old room' since it was late, Charli slept in the guest room and Mads with Jaden.

It was already nearing to 5am when I finally got on the bed. I quickly fell asleep not worrying about anything.