t h i r t y - f o u r

"Hi." Anthony greets me, sitting in the counter. I sat across him looking around to make sure no one might hear our conversation.

"Kyla, I'm sorry. I really am, it's just... I didn't want to keep it a secret forever, I don't want to have this weight, I don't want to keep thinking about all the what ifs and..." he rumbles on.

I look at him, trying to decipher the emotions on his face. "Can you just promise me not to bring this up, ever again?" I sighed.

"Yes. Yes, I promise."

We went silent for a couple of minutes, not knowing how to finish this conversation.

"So, does that mean you forgive me?"

"I don't know, Ant. It's just— can you just give me time, please. We're still friends but, you know, let's have a little space on our own."

"Okay," He says sadly. "Can I at least have a goodbye-for-now-hug?" He grins at me showing his dimples making me smile too. I stand up and walk into his arms.

"Thanks Ant."

________________
Morning

I walk down the stairs with Charli in my left, everyone except Kio was already in the kitchen eating breakfast.

"Morning!" Bryce greets us. I smile back at him and sat in between Mads and Chase.

I got myself a bowl and made myself some cereal. After a couple of minute, Kio finally went down.

"Morning." I greet him, but he ignores me.

Huh, weird. What's up with him? I asked myself, I brush off the thought.

Mads notices the exchange between me and Kio, she pats my shoulder and whispers to me, "What's up with you and Kio?"

I look at her and shrugged my shoulders, and finished my breakfast.

Since it was my last day here, we all decided to spend the day out together.

We spent the whole day swimming, taking picture and laughing. And the whole night partying. It was to say the least one of the best days of my life.