The Rivers Edge pt.2

When Betty, Archie, Veronica and I arrive to the dance Ronnie and I walk in together linking arms as Betty and Archie also link arms together. Veronica was wearing an adorable dark purple sweetheart neckline sleeveless dress with her signature pearl necklace. Betty and I decided to both go in pink dresses but instead of mine being around the neck like hers, I got mine long sleeve with lace.

"Well it's not the Met Ball," Veronica looks around the room.

"Hey," Betty nudged Archie, "When do you have to let Coach Clayton know about football?"

"This weekend," Archie replied.

"Can't we just liberate ourselves from the tired dichotomy of jock artists," Veronica moves from my grasp to stand in front of the three of us, "can we in the post James Franco world be all things at once."

"I'm working on it Veronica," Archie smiles as we all giggle.

"Work faster," Veronica suggested before sticking a hand out for me, "Come on, Bella, let's go get some punch."

I smile as I grab Ronnie's hand. "You got this," I whisper towards Betty before we walk off to the punch bowl.

"Do you think they will at least have a conversation with each other?" Veronica turned to me as she took a sip from her cup.

"I hope so," I sigh as I turn to look at Archie and Betty to see him walk off. He better not make her upset.

"Bella let's go to Betty," Veronica says before she chugs the last bit of punch in her cup.

I nod as she grabs my arm and we go up to my sister. "Hey guys."

"Hey Betty, why'd Archie leave?" Veronica questions crossing her arms.

"I guess he had to go talk to Ms.Grundy about something," Betty shrugged as we turn our heads to see Archie in a pretty deep conversation with the music teacher.

"Well, he better come back," I argue as I raise my eyebrows.

Betty nods, "He will."

"Guys," Kevin starts as he runs up to us all happily, "You guys will not believe who just propositioned me in the bathroom. I'll give you a hint...his name may be Moose but I described a certain appendage of his as horse-like."

The three of us girls eyes widened. "Congrats Kev," I giggle in shock, "Now let's go celebrate silently in the corner of the room."

All of their eyebrows furrowed before I nudged my head towards a certain redhead making its way back to Betty. "Oh right let's go," Kevin nods before grabbing mine and Ronnie's arms and leading us to the corner of a room.

As Cheryl announced that the Pussycats were going to sing, I kept my eyes on Archie and Betty. What made me feel relieved was that they started dancing to the song, really close together.

"Wanna dance, Bella?" Kevin turned to me.

"Sure, Kev. Um, Ronnie will you be-" I started before Veronica stopped me. "I'll be fine, B."

I nod as I grab Kevin's hand and lead him to the dance floor. I made sure we went somewhat close to Betty and Archie to make sure nothing bad happens. I start to hear them talking about Archie's music lessons with Grundy before Betty turns to look at Kevin and I.

"Do it, Betty, go." I mouth to her before she nods and smiles back to Archie.

"Now, that you're going to be on Varsity football," Betty pauses, "I have this fantasy of us, as a power couple. I mean even just a couple."

Archie's face goes from a smile to a confused one, "Betty."

"Is that so impossible to imagine," my sister shakes her head. Oh my god this is not going too good. Betty then let's go of Archie as he turns to look at Ms.Grundy. What the hell is going on?