The Outsiders pt.2

Later on it was Polly's baby shower. I'm not usually one for dresses but I knew that I had a good reason too. So, I put on a light pink dress and put my hair down in curls as I wore my matching pink flats. I think I looked pretty decent for an event like this.

Anyways, Ronnie and Betty were at the door greeting all of the guests one by one. I would've joined them but I was busy straightening out a table cloth. Jughead then walks towards me holding the cupcake holder I asked him to grab holding it with stretched arms like it was going to kill him or something.

I grab Jughead's arm and pull him on for a kiss as he sets down the cupcake holder, "You're sweet to be here. I know this isn't exactly your scene."

"What?" My boyfriend looks at me offended, "organizing a baby shower...it's totally on my bucket list."

"Your so adorable," I pinch his cheek to annoy him. It clearly worked due to the eye roll and smirk he gave me. Before any of us two could say anything else I saw the wicked witch of the west enter through the doors of the Pembroke as I widen my eyes at the fact that she's even here, "Mom?"

I ran up behind my two sisters before Polly pulled our mother in a hug. "Well that was unexpected," I mumble making Betty nudge me in my side. To be honest it was a cute moment to see Polly and mom getting along after what felt like forever. But, obviously the door behind us busts open to Cheryl coming in with a very expensive looking stroller. "We're here!" Cheryl exclaimed before moving out of the way so Penelope Blossom could lead Nana Rose in too, "don't worry, it's only the best stroller money can buy."

"So...expensive." My oldest sister looked at the stroller full of shock.

Cheryl grinned, "All I ask in return is that you make me your baby's godmother." I tended up a bit before Cheryl continued, "kidding...so not kidding. Come on Nana Rose, let's get you a good spot by the food." With that Cheryl walked off allowing her mother to step forward, "Polly, let me begin with an apology. When I first heard about the baby my initial instinct was to embrace the baby but not you. I was wrong. I hope you can forgive me."

My mother was just about to lunge at the Blossom monster but luckily Betty and I held each of her arms. "Think happy thought," Betty mumbled as she faked a smile towards Mrs. Blossom. Penelope only gave my sister another smile before walking off to where Cheryl and Nana Rose went.

After a while, Nana Rose was doing this old wives tale to tell if the baby was a boy or girl or something along those lines. A few of the women were gathered around there as I just stayed back with Jug leaning against a wall.

"Hey, Jug, what's wrong? You look tense." I grabbed my boyfriend's arm to see if it can make him relax a bit.

"Sorry y/n," he sighed, "my heads just so tangled around things making me confused."

I frown at his response, "Aww Jug, I'm so sorry. Well if you ever need me then I'm here."

My boyfriend smiled and pecked my lips, "Of course, Coop."

- -

It was now time to open gifts. Betty and I sat on each side of Polly as she opened all the baby shower gifts. I had to be honest, I kind of wish I was this baby...it's going to be so spoiled with fun things.

Just as I thought nothing could ruin this joyful night I was wrong. The moment Archie Andrews stormed into the Pembroke, immediately running towards my boyfriend I knew whatever it was about, it wasn't good.

"You were protecting him. That's why you didn't tell me." Archie stood in front of Jug's face with a disappointed look.

"Arch," I run up to the boys, Betty and Veronica following after me.