Anatomy of a Murder pt.2

The next afternoon I was just planning on staying in my bedroom all day. I had some sweatpants on with a large sweatshirt as I was ready to watch some movies on my laptop. Just as I was about to make myself some popcorn I got a text. It was from Betty.

Meet me at the Blue and Gold ASAP. Jugheads here too.

My eyes widened at the text as I thought what possibly could happen now? I quickly replied with an "I'm on my way" and soon enough I put on some boots because there was snow outside and I ran out the door headed to the Blue and Gold.

"Hey," I planted as I reached the door, "what's going on?"

Both Betty an Jughead looked at me like I grew a third eye.

"Did you just run all the way here in the snow from your house?" Jughead laughed.

"Well, yeah. When Betty texted me I thought something bad happened and plus our car wasn't home because she took it so I had no choice." I shrugged as I sat myself on a desk.

Betty giggled, "Oh my god, Bella. I could've came to get you. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine," I shook my head, "now, what's going on?"

Jughead went to stand next to me before telling Betty and I what we were here for. "My dad's been lying to me his whole life, but he's never been any good at it. I saw it in his eyes. He didn't do it."

"So why lie? Who is he protecting?" Betty crossed her arms as she leaned against the desk in front of us.

"No idea," Jughead shrugged, "I don't know anyone who he would protect that much. Who can we rule out?"

"My dad." I stepped up and removed his picture from the murder board. "We know why he was acting so shady."

"Mrs. Lodge." Betty spoke up as I nodded and removed her picture too.

Jughead then looked the board over, "So that just leaves Hiram Lodge and-"

"Clifford and Penelope Blossom," Betty finished.

Just as we were in the middle of figuring things out my mom walked in.

"What do we have here?" She looked at the three of us and the board behind me. "You just can't leave well enough alone, can you?"

"Mom, we know what you're going to say." Betty sighed.

"The cops found another dead body."

"Okay," Jughead widened his eyes, "maybe not that."

"A Southside Serpent, and Sheriff Clueless is convinced that he was working with Hiram Lodge. He allegedly committed suicide by overdose, and there was a bag of money on site." My mother summed up.

"It had Hermione or Hiram's initials on it, no doubt." I sighed as I slouched.

"Everything's tied up into a nice little bow. If you ask me."

Betty's phone started ringing making her pull it out from her back pocket and answer it. "Kevin? Oh okay. We'll meet you there." Betty ended the call and faced our mother again. "We have to go. We can continue this later."

The three of us left the room and Betty drove us wherever he told us to go. The ride was so long that when we got there it was already dark outside. All four of us had flashlights guiding us through the hills.

Well, so much for me wanting to spend a day inside watching movies all day.

"Whatever it is that we're looking for, Joaquin didn't know if it would help Mr. Lodge or make things worse," Kevin explained.