The Last Picture Show pt.2

The next day, Archie asked me to go on a walk with him so I agreed.

"Ms. Grundy told me that before she moved to Riverdale, a year ago, she was married to an abusive drunk. He would constantly hit her and only apologize the day after. She couldn't handle the abuse anymore so she decided she should escape to Riverdale and change her name so her husband wouldn't find her. That's why she has a fake identity," Archie told me the whole story about why she faked her identity.

"Oh my god," I shake my head, "I feel so bad." Yeah I mean I did feel bad but I don't believe her story one hundred percent.

"Now, I am going to deal with this," Archie stopped walking to face me, "But on my terms, not yours."

"You won't get rid of me so easily, red." I said as I made my way home not wanting to hear his sweet talk anymore.

- -

As I was just about to enter through my door, my mother opens it, "Finally."

"What's wrong?" I question in confusion.

My mom sighed, "What's wrong is my daughter is hiding a gun in her bedroom, and that's just for starters."

"I can explain that," I whisper to my mom after she pulled out Ms. Grundys gun from her pocket.

"Oh, you will." My mom nods, "Now get in the car." With that my mom slams the front door behind her and walks to the car. Oh no what have I done?

- -

As it's the middle of the drive-in movie, my mom went to go get Fred Andrews to go find Archie. So, I may have told my mom about Archie and Grundy but I had no choice.

My mother busts open the door to the music room to see Archie and Ms. Grundy in there.

"Well, well, well there they are. What did I tell you?" My mom pointed her finger at Archie and the music teacher as she turned to Mr. Andrews.

"Can someone tell me what is going on?" Ms. Grundy questions innocently.

My mother nods with pride as she turned to the redhead in front of us, "Of course, Archie would you like to share with us what you and Ms. Robinson have been doing during your music lesson? And please don't leave out any of the little details because Bella here keeps a very meticulous diary. And I'm more than happy to fill in the details." Archie turns to look at me as I mouth an "I'm sorry". I feel so bad for the kid, yes I know what he's doing is wrong but it hurts me to see him in trouble.

"I never thought that I'd see this today. I thought that the one thing we could keep out of Riverdale child predators," my mother turned to Ms. Grundy with a snarl as a tear falls down my cheek. I hate it when my mom becomes a Ms. Perfect, like stop being so harsh on the kid.

"They're not denying it are they?" My mother turned to Fred and I with a large smile, "They're clearly guilty, the next step is to take this to Sheriff Keller and let the wheels of justice take over."

Archie faces his father, "Dad you can't let that happen."

"Son," Mr. Andrews sighed, "it's complicated."

"But she didn't force me to do anything, I went after her. Everything that happened I wanted to happen." Archie continued to fight for his side but he knew it was no use.

"I want you to see what kind of person Archie truly is," my mother faced me as she pointed to the redhead as even more tears fell down my cheek.

Fred crossed his arms as he defends his son, "That is what this is about, your crazy grudge against my teenage son."