La Grande Illusion pt.2

The next morning at the Blue and Gold Betty was ranting to Jughead and I about our parents and what happened last night. I was just as worried as her but I just kept myself in the corner of the room at my desk crying silently. I was never the type to want to show my tears to everyone so I always tried to hide them as best as possible.

"My parents are unbelievable Jug. Polly is locked up in that house like a character out of Jane Eyre and what are they doing?" Betty continued to pace back and forth, "changing each other's login accounts and throwing bricks through windows."

"I wish I had seen that," Jughead joked trying to make the situation seem better but my sister gave him a not so pleasant look. "Okay, I'm sorry it's not funny."

" 'Cause it's like you know how in a time of crisis people either come together or fall apart?" Betty questions as I look up ready to answer.

"Feels like we're falling apart. And the way things are going pretty soon the only Cooper's that are gonna exist are me and you Betty and I know there's nothing I can do to stop that." I sob out.

They both look at me shocked at my tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes. "Bella, don't do that, don't give up either of you."

"Are you crying, Bella?" Betty starts to make her way towards me.

I realize that they were staring at my messed up face from all the crying and I immediately starting wiping the tears from my cheeks, "No I um, I'm not crying."

"Oh, Bella," Jughead sighs before walking up to me and lifting me up from my seat and pulling me in a tight hug, "your family is definitely splintering right now but it won't fall apart because of you Bella, either of you. You two are the ones holding them together."

I shake my head and turn away from the hug but Jughead grabbed my cheeks and continued talking to me, "Bella, you're so much stronger than all of the white noise. Your stronger than your mother, your stronger than your father, and possibly stronger than both of your sisters. You two are the ones holding this family together. So don't, don't let go."

"Bella, Jughead's right. Your stronger than all of us in the family. You've went through way worse things than any of us and you've made it through, your the strongest person I know, Bells."

I give my sister a weak smile and pull her in a hug with me and Jug. The three of us were holding on to each other like we counted on each other to survive this tragic town. These two in my arms were the only people keeping me from throwing my life down the drain. Without these too, I'd be complete dust.

- -

Later on in the day, Betty and Veronica were with me as I was taking stuff from my locker. We were just conversing about the usual stuff before Kevin came racing down the hall towards us.

"Oh my god, did you hear?" Kevin was looking straight at Veronica as the three of us look at Kevin confused before he continued. "remember when you went trooping in to save Ethel because you thought she was suicidal?"

"Oh no, she, she didn't-" Ronnie seemed concerned and I mean who wouldn't be if you thought that one of your classmates killed themselves.

Kevin shook his head, "No but her dad did. He accidentally smoked a whole box of weed. He's gonna be okay but he's in the hospital."

Betty and I looked at each other jaws dropped before Veronica ran off into the girls locker room. We immediately ran after her. When we entered the room she was on the floor sobbing with the pearls from her necklace scattered all over the ground. The two of us went to her side calming her down. I felt so bad, not only for Ethel but for Ronnie. She spent so much time trying to help Ethel feel better but I guess it didn't work that much.