Heart Of Darkness pt.2

The next morning, Betty and I were getting ready in my room for Jason's memorial. Jughead was supposed to meet us here any minute. I put on a black crop top with high-waisted black skirt and a black cardigan. My hair was down and straight while Betty wore a black dress with a black cardigan and her hair was in a half-up half-down style.

"Ready to enter the belly of the beast?" Jughead questioned as he entered my room seeing Betty and I fixing our cardigans in front of my mirror. Betty and I turned around to look at him and we smile at how dressed up he looks.

"It's the best I could do," he smiles looking down.

I giggle, "you look great, Jug."

He then gave me a nervous smile before my sister interrupts our little "moment."

"Guys we should probably get going," my sister turns to me.

"Oh, um, yeah," I nod, "let me just put on my sneakers."

"Bella, you are not going in sneakers. Wear one of my flats if you want." My sister offered.

I shake my head, "No betts, you already pushed me to wear something that isn't pants so at least let me wear sneakers...they are black."

"Fine," Betty shrugs and pursed her lips making her way out my door, "But the both of you better get in the car in five minutes." Jughead and I nod and chuckle before my sister makes her way to our car leaving Jughead and I alone in our room.

"You, uh, look really good Bella." Jughead says as I start putting on my sneakers.

I smile, "Thanks, Jug. You don't look so bad yourself." Jughead just grinned in response before I tie my last lace.

"Let's go?" He questions as I nod and we make our way down to the car to head to the memorial, We had some work to do.

- -

Once we made it to the memorial at Thistlehouse, Betty and Jughead sat on each of my sides as Archie, Veronica and Valerie sat in front of us.

A few minutes later, all of a sudden everyone's attention was drawn to the back of the room to see Cheryl Blossom wearing all white.

"Oh my goodness," I whisper as everyone's eyes stay on Cheryl as she walks down the aisle.

"Welcome to Thornhill," Cheryl greeted as she made it to the speaking post, "Thank you for coming. If you would all kindly take your seats, I'd like to start the memorial," she paused, "with a few words about Jason. The last time I saw Jason...I was wearing this dress. I know it's impossible but I swear, when I put it on it feels like he's in the room with me. Even though we were twins, I used to demand my own birthday party. Until one year, out of the blue Jason convinced me to combine them into one. Wasn't until years later I found out why...it was because no one wanted to come to mine and Jason didn't want me to know. He protected me, every single day. I wish that day at the river I would have protected him." Cheryl then started sobbing and faced the casket behind her. "I'm so sorry, J.J. I failed you." Veronica then got up to comfort the redhead. Jughead turned to me as I glanced back at him full of grief.

"I think we will ajourn now, to the winter salon for light supper." Ms. Blossom said as she made her way to the speaking post. That was Jughead and I's cue to go to Jason's room and investigate. Betty would've came along but she decided at least one Cooper sister should stay and comfort Cheryl along with our friends.

We made our way upstairs and entered Jason's room. "Is it just me or did the temperature just drop like in the horror movies?" I say as we glance around the room.

He sighs, "It's just the icy chill of the dead."

"Where does a teenage boy hide things?" I say as we move further in his room to look around.